2016 ZX10R gearshifting into neutral - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-04-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

2016 ZX10R gearshifting into neutral

Hi, I am posting this question to solve the probelm i got today. I have 2016 ZX10R which has been only modified exhaust system(akrapovic slip-on). Today, when i ride my bike and i tried to shift into neutral gear from the 1st gear to stop the bike.
But the gear dosen't change to the neutral gear but changed 2nd gear when the speed of the bike was 20km/h ~25km/h(15mph).
I haven't experienced it before. When the bike is stopped, shifting into neutral from the 1st was very smooth. I push the gear change lever with proper power when i shift into neutral. There is only a few owner of ZX10R in S.Korea. so i cannot get any information about this bike. Please comment anyone who have experienced the situation like this or knows to solve it

i apologize my english

Sent from my SM-G950N using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-04-2017, 11:55 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome.

Yeah, you're not riding it properly. Since the late 1980s, all Kawasaki transmissions have a Positive Neutral Finder (PNF). The rear wheel must be stopped and the only gear selections possible are 1st gear and Neutral. You cannot shift into 2nd unless the wheel is moving. The other side of that is if the wheel is moving, then it will go past Neutral and into 2nd gear very easily.

It is designed this way. So do not try to shift into neutral until you've come to a complete stop.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 7 Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Welcome.

Yeah, you're not riding it properly. Since the late 1980s, all Kawasaki transmissions have a Positive Neutral Finder (PNF). The rear wheel must be stopped and the only gear selections possible are 1st gear and Neutral. You cannot shift into 2nd unless the wheel is moving. The other side of that is if the wheel is moving, then it will go past Neutral and into 2nd gear very easily.

It is designed this way. So do not try to shift into neutral until you've come to a complete stop.
Thanks for your comment. But it was happend yesterday suddenly I've ridden 2 Honda's bikes and 1 Yamaha's bike so far. But they thier gearshifting was very smoother than Kawasaki now i have. Does Kawasaki's bike has different trasnmission type? When i try to shift, i feel something blocks to shift smoothly. I've never felt like this before. Could you give me any advice?

post #4 of 7 Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprh4321 View Post
Thanks for your comment. But it was happend yesterday suddenly I've ridden 2 Honda's bikes and 1 Yamaha's bike so far. But they thier gearshifting was very smoother than Kawasaki now i have. Does Kawasaki's bike has different trasnmission type? When i try to shift, i feel something blocks to shift smoothly. I've never felt like this before. Could you give me any advice?

Try a differente engine oil maybe?
post #5 of 7 Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
All bikes shift slightly different. Yamaha's, Honda's, Suzuki's will not feel like a Kawi. Some are better than others, some are worse. The 2016+ ZX-10s are regarded as one of the best transmissions that Kawi has created. And it does feel fantastic overall! There is some slop in the pedal bushing that could tighten up the lever a bit, but that's external to the transmission. Also, make sure you know that you have to move the quickshifter switch first before it moves into gear. This will feel initially like a sloppy pedal at first.

The vast majority of these complaints are usually tied to rider issues - lazy shifting, clutchless shifting, RPM too low, too many gears selected at once, etc. Just keep in mind that it could be your technique that is making seem like it is.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 7 Old 10-05-2017, 02:17 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Shift into neutral from a roll all the time. Every time when anticipating stop. Sometimes bike goes into N accidentally in tight loop situation.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
All bikes shift slightly different. Yamaha's, Honda's, Suzuki's will not feel like a Kawi. Some are better than others, some are worse. The 2016+ ZX-10s are regarded as one of the best transmissions that Kawi has created. And it does feel fantastic overall! There is some slop in the pedal bushing that could tighten up the lever a bit, but that's external to the transmission. Also, make sure you know that you have to move the quickshifter switch first before it moves into gear. This will feel initially like a sloppy pedal at first.

The vast majority of these complaints are usually tied to rider issues - lazy shifting, clutchless shifting, RPM too low, too many gears selected at once, etc. Just keep in mind that it could be your technique that is making seem like it is.
Thank you so much for you comment. It is my first kawasaki's bike, therefore i was wondering many things of it. Drive safely

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.