Gen 5: 2016 -> 2016 Superstock Build (WERA Legal) - Page 8 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent1101 View Post
I've been racing WERA SE on my 2009 R6. I have been debating going back to a ZX10R. I was at the June 2nd/3rd Road Atlanta.
I had an R6 for a long time and absolutely loved it. I want to trade my built crossplane R1 for an R6 once I get the motor back from KWS.

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmarine View Post
Who's dash is that?
Looks like Motec
post #73 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Here's my solution to the lap timer mounting problem. I had the ignition bracket milled off and custom bracket fabricated. Works very well, as it falls in the line of sight when I need to see either the dash or the lap timer (predicted lap times). Also my go-pro can see the screen of the lap timer so it records videos with lap times and predicted lap times. It makes watching race videos more interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180613_200035.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	635.7 KB
ID:	418129   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180613_200020.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	607.8 KB
ID:	418137  

post #74 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yeah that's my goal but I need to pull my key assembly first...:(

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #75 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 01:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
Here's my solution to the lap timer mounting problem. I had the ignition bracket milled off and custom bracket fabricated. Works very well, as it falls in the line of sight when I need to see either the dash or the lap timer (predicted lap times). Also my go-pro can see the screen of the lap timer so it records videos with lap times and predicted lap times. It makes watching race videos more interesting.
You can do that with Woodcraft key eliminator harness or when you go with kit ecu/harness. But I'm sure you knew all this.

I was very annoyed with the key switch bracket being in the way so it felt good to mill it off and make some space for the useful equipment.
post #76 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
You can do that with Woodcraft key eliminator harness or when you go with kit ecu/harness. But I'm sure you knew all this.

I was very annoyed with the key switch bracket being in the way so it felt good to mill it off and make some space for the useful equipment.
Yeah I'm afraid my setup will require me to look down while running down the straight. I'll look into modifying my upper triple clamp this winter or whenever I have time.

post #77 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
What do you think of this:

Zeta Flight Top Bridge Upper Triple Clamp - 2016-18 Kawasaki ZX-10R / RR

post #78 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 06:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmarine View Post
Wow, that's a beautiful little piece I didn't know existed. I really like Zeta products. They're all designed and made in Japan. If I didn't modify my stock one, I would consider this one. I doubt it would make any meaningful handling improvements though.

As far as looking at the timer while riding, I certainly know the importance of keeping your eyes up--so it's important to place the timer so that you can glance at it while keeping your peripheral vision still working. MotoGP riders always look at their dash but it's in their line of sight. With your Solo 2 DL, you can configure lights to indicate split times being better or worse so you can see those with peripheral vision.
post #79 of 84 Old 06-14-2018, 06:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Looking at the Zeta unit again, it seems like it might still have the ignition bracket so it's meant more for street bikes than race bikes.
neonmarine likes this.
post #80 of 84 Old 06-15-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Looking at the Zeta unit again, it seems like it might still have the ignition bracket so it's meant more for street bikes than race bikes.
Iíll stick with the stock upper to keep the Superstock naziís happy. Iíll pull it after CMP next weekend and get it modified over my summer break.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in