Gen 5: 2016 -> 2016 Superstock Build (WERA Legal) - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 Old 04-25-2018, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Almost ready, finished up the logos after class tonight. Gotta get the Spiegler Rennsport hooked up and delete the ABS in the process.

Road Atlanta shakedown on May 5th.
moto316 and 2wheelmike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 04-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
How do you plan on deleting the ABS? Do you mean removing the entire ABS system and replacing them with SS lines running from master to calipers?

2011 ZX-10R Ebony
post #33 of 50 Old 04-26-2018, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
How do you plan on deleting the ABS? Do you mean removing the entire ABS system and replacing them with SS lines running from master to calipers?
Since the actual removal of the entire ABS system will throw some codes, I'll be doing a re-plumbing of the brake lines from the master cylinder to the calibers. I'll need the non-ABS lines when I do the kit ECU swap so it's not a big deal to invest in a full set of aftermarket lines at this point.

From the out side of the bike, you will still see the ABS pump on the left side but it will not be physically connected to the braking system in any way, shape or form.

I'm using Speigler Rennsport lines if anyone is curious.

post #34 of 50 Old 05-05-2018, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Completed the shakedown today at Road Atlanta. First impressions:

1) Acceleration is what makes this bike work. I’ve never felt some thing that pulls like this thing. And it’s a stock motor with only a Hindle slipon/decat and a Woolrich tune for U4.4 by Michael Godin at KWS. Pulled a front wheel for 100m on the back straight in 4th gear. Insanely smooth wheelie control (KTCS 3).

2) Brakes are amazing! M50’s with ABS delete and Versah pads make stopping this machine a breeze. Lifted the rear wheel multiple times and the chassis never twitched.

3) I need to do nothing more at this point. There’s so much to learn at the level it’s currently at. The chassis is smooth and predictable but slow to transition and doesn’t like to make adjustments midcorner. I didn’t make the swingarm pivot insert change due to time constraints but that’s my next move

All in all, I’m impressed with everything about the bike EXCEPT it’s turning, but that’s easily fixed. The electronics are baby butt smooth, the TC intervention was barely noticed. I understand now why this platform is so successful!
michael4012 and 2wheelmike like this.

Last edited by neonmarine; 05-05-2018 at 06:32 PM.
post #35 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'll let you know how my turns after this weekend with the pivot changed. I would also look into changing the rake angle with the inserts from Kawasaki. We brought mine in 0.5. Combined with the swing arm change it should transition and turn in much better.

Bike looks sick btw
neonmarine likes this.
post #36 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks! I'm still pinching myself, can believe I would ever own something like this.

I'm really interested to hear what you have to say about the geometry changes. I'll be doing the swingarm insert flip no matter what but listening to another experienced voice is always good.
post #37 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New suit arrived today, so I had to rock my "Yamaha" leathers...:)
post #38 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmarine View Post
Thanks! I'm still pinching myself, can believe I would ever own something like this.

I'm really interested to hear what you have to say about the geometry changes. I'll be doing the swingarm insert flip no matter what but listening to another experienced voice is always good.
Yeah I'd do the flip since it's free why not. I meant more so on the rake angle change as from what I've gathered that's a key change.

I'm testing on stock suspension though not the badass stuff you have. That will come after this season.

Love Road Atlanta, had my first motorcycle crash in the last corner there but still a great couple of track days. I gotta ask why the U4.4 and how much does that run a can?
neonmarine likes this.
post #39 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

That last corner isn't easy to get right but very easy to get wrong! I ran wide there Saturday and though for a moment I was going to visit the gravel trap...

U4.4 is what came tuned with the bike and I got a full, unopened can with what was already in the tank. I don't mind spending the $90 per 5 gallons, because 1) I know what I'm putting in the bike 2) it's how I intend to race it so I'll stick with it for continuities sake and finally I want to treat my baby right. This is a the best automotive vehicle I've ever owned and I want to make sure I keep it running right. Fuel is a big part of that, and I think the extra few bucks per gallon is worth the peace of mind.
post #40 of 50 Old 05-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Where did you get that air compressor? I want one now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in