Gen 5: 2016 -> 2016 Superstock Build (WERA Legal) - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 Old 04-12-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The paint is incredible on this thing. Got some graphics on the way, hopefully the colors work with my suit, helmet, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Spent some time cleaning up after the previous owner.

post #23 of 50 Old 04-16-2018, 03:05 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lookin good. Best of luck on her. I hope you end up with a shelf full of glitter from her!
neonmarine likes this.

post #24 of 50 Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Looking good! There are few things more satisfying than working the elbow grease to improve your machine's performance and/or appearance.
neonmarine likes this.
post #25 of 50 Old 04-18-2018, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

post #26 of 50 Old 04-21-2018, 09:54 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm also coming from the last gen cross plane r1 to a '16 zx10r. Did quite a few track days and a little racing on my 2012 r1 and although I loved it the thing always felt like a bit of a pig. Thought for sure I would get '15+ R1 but the prices/features made me jump the ninja. I haven't spent much time on the 10r yet but can already tell it's so much better than the 2012 R1.

I was an idiot though and bought the 10r brand new and have to do all the upgrades myself. I just feel weird riding used bikes but damn it hurts the wallet. Bike is at Farrell's right now getting the rake angle brought in and swing arm pivot changed.

Good luck to you this season!
post #27 of 50 Old 04-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Did your bike come with the reversible swing-arm pivot inserts?
Re: expense, I hear you but the deals on new ones right now are tough to resist. I couldn't-
post #28 of 50 Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LossPrev View Post
I'm also coming from the last gen cross plane r1 to a '16 zx10r. Did quite a few track days and a little racing on my 2012 r1 and although I loved it the thing always felt like a bit of a pig. Thought for sure I would get '15+ R1 but the prices/features made me jump the ninja. I haven't spent much time on the 10r yet but can already tell it's so much better than the 2012 R1.

I was an idiot though and bought the 10r brand new and have to do all the upgrades myself. I just feel weird riding used bikes but damn it hurts the wallet. Bike is at Farrell's right now getting the rake angle brought in and swing arm pivot changed.

Good luck to you this season!
Thanks! I've taken it up the street a couple miles and without giving it any sort of serious throttle I can immediately tell there's a vast difference in how this bike wants to be riden. Even the way it want to be turned ins very different and I honestly really like what it's starting to tell me.

I feel much more physically connected to the bike vs the old R1. The seat is more cramped but it keeps me locked in and there's a perfect amount of room to do what I need but not too much that I feel like a kitten on the curtain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelmike View Post
Yes and as soon as I get the special tool, I'll flip it for a +4mm increase in rear ride height (which should also reduce trail by about 1mm).
post #29 of 50 Old 04-24-2018, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

https://hustlehardracing.com/shop/ My sponsor hooked me up with some top of line brake pads to keep this monster from getting away from me on the Road Atlanta back straight! The RJL-ZZ compound pads are the latest Superbike pad from Versah and are made with liter bikes in mind. I'll see what their all about on May 5th. I've gone through a few sets of the older RJL and have a set SJRL-XX pads for my R1. They really know how to make each compound have a specific character and that's why I like them over other manufacturers.

post #30 of 50 Old 04-24-2018, 10:43 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelmike View Post
Re: expense, I hear you but the deals on new ones right now are tough to resist. I couldn't-
Jason at Farrell Performance said the '16's can be flipped upside down as they are. The '17+ need an insert. Seems weird Kawasaki would do that but he lives Kawasaki's and did it on his own bike so I believe it.
2wheelmike and neonmarine like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in