2004 Zx10r 4K miles. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
2004 Zx10r 4K miles.

Looking at picking up a 2004 10r. One owner all stock. Just had a complete tuneup and only has 4K original miles on it. $5000 sound reasonable? Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Could be a fair price, depending on condition and location. I live in the Bay Area of California, and everything cost more here, so if that is in a rural area, it is toward the top of what someone might ask for one.
I bought a 2005 not long ago that had 4,250 miles on it. Picked it up in the rain, and so didn't get to study it much or ride it. Took it apart and found all kinds of little things to fix and replace. About $400 bucks worth so far. I also bought HeliBars and a used Ohlins damper set up. So that brings it up to about $4,800.
I would only pay that much if it was nearly perfect, as there could be things to buy. Oh, look hard at the frame. Do a search and it will show you where to look. You will find lots of photos of cracked frames.
I would ask him if it is easy to wheelie. If he grins and says "Oh, hell yes! All the way down the street!" I would get back in the truck, as it may have a bad frame.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.