Used shock Prices - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-18-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Used shock Prices

What's the going rate for a used ttx gp shock? Looking at picking up a quality aftermarket shock and want to know what people are paying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-21-2017, 05:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Otto Man
What gen? Far too open ended of a question. Has it been refreshed recently? Does it already have the correct spring for you?
post #3 of 10 Old 01-23-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
What gen? Far too open ended of a question. Has it been refreshed recently? Does it already have the correct spring for you?
Gen 4 bike. Shocks with <1000 miles and recently serviced. Yes, with correct springs...

post #4 of 10 Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTenR View Post
Gen 4 bike. Shocks with <1000 miles and recently serviced. Yes, with correct springs...
Best I've seen recently available that meets that criteria is in the $850-$1000 range. Every now and then you'll see a bargain if it happens to already be sprung for your preference and not need a refresh.

Thank you to my racing sponsors Riders Discount and Alpha1 Vinylworks
post #5 of 10 Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
Best I've seen recently available that meets that criteria is in the $850-$1000 range. Every now and then you'll see a bargain if it happens to already be sprung for your preference and not need a refresh.
Just what I wanted to know. Thank you sir!
post #6 of 10 Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Ohlins just did a big price drop for retail so expect those prices to drop yet again on the used market. New TTX-GP Series 3 shocks are selling for around $1200 now
post #7 of 10 Old 01-23-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Ohlins just did a big price drop for retail so expect those prices to drop yet again on the used market. New TTX-GP Series 3 shocks are selling for around $1200 now

You have any shocks for a gen 4 you're trying to get rid of?
post #8 of 10 Old 07-06-2017, 04:54 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I would save more money and get new shocks instead. You can't be sure about the actual condition of used parts.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-06-2017, 10:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

you need to be very careful with used ohlins shock prices... they have multiple versions of the ttx, and the older non GP units are a great shock but, people try to get new gp 2 or 3 pricing out of them, when they are clearly not the latest and greatest technology.

oh, and NEVER BELEIVE THE SHOCK WAS "JUST" SERVICED, WITHOUT FULL DOCUMENTATION, FROM A REPUTABLE SHOCK SERVICER. the sellers "always say that, it was refreshed", then you find out different when opening the box.

Personally, unless it was close to 50% off retail or better, I wouldn't entertain used, especially if it is not a gp 2 or better. you will still need to service it for piece of mind, and more than likely need the correct spring for your bike, weight, and track/street specification.

your results may vary. Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
you need to be very careful with used ohlins shock prices... they have multiple versions of the ttx, and the older non GP units are a great shock but, people try to get new gp 2 or 3 pricing out of them, when they are clearly not the latest and greatest technology.

oh, and NEVER BELEIVE THE SHOCK WAS "JUST" SERVICED, WITHOUT FULL DOCUMENTATION, FROM A REPUTABLE SHOCK SERVICER. the sellers "always say that, it was refreshed", then you find out different when opening the box.

Personally, unless it was close to 50% off retail or better, I wouldn't entertain used, especially if it is not a gp 2 or better. you will still need to service it for piece of mind, and more than likely need the correct spring for your bike, weight, and track/street specification.

your results may vary. Ski

I agree and you definitely need to pick your deals wisely, but that is also a testament to how well the Ohlins products hold their value. In some cases their products actually appreciate in value... I've seen RC51 and 1000RR forks sold recently for more money than when they were bought new...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.