Pirelli Angel GT?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-16-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Pirelli Angel GT??

So, had the zx10r long enough now I've noticed the rear tire needs changing pretty much every oil change due to the many flat roads between the twisties here in southeast Texas (Harris county). Looking for something with better center wear but still with great cornering grip and it looks like the Angel GT might be the closest. I'm coming from the Rosso IIs on my zx10r, but looking for my longevity without losing much, if any, corner traction.. I ride defensively aggressive so I've never actually scraped knee pad, but I want to have confidence the tire can handle it. Anyone here try it?

ANGEL GT , Motorcycle Tires - PIRELLI US

I'd be replacing front and rear since it's about time for the front to get replaced...

Last edited by TheFantasticG; 02-16-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Why not consider rosso II front with angel rear tire. The rear usually wears out first anyway.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I am currently using a pp3 michelin front with a pilot road 4 sport tour rear tire. This will give me about the same life for both tires. PLENTY of rear grip for street use. Track use requires sc2 slicks.

post #4 of 23 Old 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My friend has a second set of Angel GT's on his fz1 and loves them great milage and he has no problems hanging with us in the twisties. Great tire.
SpazOnaZX and TheFantasticG like this.
post #5 of 23 Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

The Metzler M7RRR are a awesome tire with good life
post #6 of 23 Old 03-23-2016, 04:52 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

You said rear wears out faster, but I got my bike used and has angel gt. Mine front both sides almost flat and rear still looks good. How did that happen. Whats going on with my riding style. I cant knee drag maybe tgat expains why?
post #7 of 23 Old 03-23-2016, 05:45 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii ninja View Post
You said rear wears out faster, but I got my bike used and has angel gt. Mine front both sides almost flat and rear still looks good. How did that happen. Whats going on with my riding style. I cant knee drag maybe tgat expains why?
Chicken strips ;) Google it

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #8 of 23 Old 03-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

So i can wear out front tire but not rear is chicken strip? Even i wear out front. No body explain and show front tire. Just looking at rear. And i also dragged my foot pegs on my ninja 250 before. But i did use all the surface on my rear hear an there. The previous owner installed 190 50 17. Now i just bought Dunlop 190 55 17 hope they will turn better.
post #9 of 23 Old 03-28-2016, 07:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I run the GT's on my C-14.... they are pretty amazing. The profile is a tad harder to turn than the old ST's, but the wear vs grip for a street tire is looney. They are no DOT race radial, but I can happily drag pegs 2-up and get 6-8K miles out of a rear tire.... on a 650lb bike, ridden like a spaz as often as possible. They are most certainly worth a set to try them out. :)

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #10 of 23 Old 03-31-2016, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
So, I got the Angel GTs front and back. Have over 600 miles on them and I have to see I'm happy with the choice. It's just about as much grip as the Rosso IIs I was using for my riding. I'll be sticking with these until the next gen Angel's come out.
TechX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.