• 1 Post By evilaugust
  • 1 Post By R/T Performance
  • 1 Post By evilaugust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-27-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Penske shock Q??

I just bought a 08 zx10 and it has a Penske shock with the remote reservoir and the dang thing is in my way. Is this shock as good as all these other people keep telling me?? I'm almost to the point of buying a stock shock to get my room back.. I don't do circles or figure eights I like them long low and christmas trees thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext$$ View Post
I just bought a 08 zx10 and it has a Penske shock with the remote reservoir and the dang thing is in my way. Is this shock as good as all these other people keep telling me?? I'm almost to the point of buying a stock shock to get my room back.. I don't do circles or figure eights I like them long low and christmas trees thanks guys
Penske is really good stuff. Can you remount the remote elsewhere?
MrMoto73 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The penske will be better than stock.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations

post #4 of 8 Old 02-27-2017, 11:27 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
i'll trade you for a stock gen 3 shock :)
if your going to lower and stretch it the Penske isn't going to work well for that
evilaugust likes this.

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #5 of 8 Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaugust View Post
Penske is really good stuff. Can you remount the remote elsewhere?
Indeed it is. I'd try relocating the remote.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #6 of 8 Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I don't do circles or figure eights I like them long low and christmas trees ...
In the end, if this is a true statement, sell the Penske. It's not going to do anything for you.
R/T Performance likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys for the input I remounted the res on kick plate on the rear sets and I've tried it out at my local track and the track was crap everyone was spinning off the line but me! I don't like spongy it is on the launches but the hookup pro and the track likes it. I found out the previous owner threw a ton on money into this thing sb forks,sb shock kawi race Ecu, ported head,quick shifter etc. I feel alittle guilty stretching it but nobody here cares about a zx10 here if you aren't on a gsxr1000,zx14,or a busa your not on the map,but hey I love being the bastard child of the group...
post #8 of 8 Old 03-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Thanks guys for the input I remounted the res on kick plate on the rear sets and I've tried it out at my local track and the track was crap everyone was spinning off the line but me! I don't like spongy it is on the launches but the hookup pro and the track likes it. I found out the previous owner threw a ton on money into this thing sb forks,sb shock kawi race Ecu, ported head,quick shifter etc. I feel alittle guilty stretching it but nobody here cares about a zx10 here if you aren't on a gsxr1000,zx14,or a busa your not on the map,but hey I love being the bastard child of the group...
Just keep thrashing the gixxers and don't worry about it. You are on a superior machine. Better looking and better performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.