arc
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Arthur View Post
Australian Motorcycle News issue 10. 2012
I bought that copy of MCN but it seems to have been recycled :(

Anyone care to scan it and post? I remember the tester not being totally thrilled by the mechatronics, but I can't remember why...and I'm really seriously looking to get one of these too now.

Best write up I could find online is

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewto...o nic#p563876

Tks,
A.

Tomorrow, when I wake, or think I do, what shall I say of today?
Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 256 Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Pretty sure the press intro is this week and Ohlins is releasing next week....

Ken
post #23 of 256 Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
arc
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

On order, should arrive this week :D

post #24 of 256 Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ive been following this idea for a while now... and now since the hp4 s1000rr is using this tech for the front suspension, i think it will be more available for the masses...

could be wrong, but hey lets hope

post #25 of 256 Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Price difference is actually $128 - but the site sponsors can get me a better deal than ebay!

Ebay-Link-Normal-2011/2012-ZX10R-Ohlins-TTX

Ebay-Link-Electronically-Controlled-2011/2012-ZX10R-Ohlins-TTX

The Formula i race in allows for unlimited modifications to the bikes - so i am sure it will be allowed here!

Here is what our rule book says:

Eligibility of Motorcycle
8.7.1 Only 600cc and larger capacity superbike motorcycles are permitted to take part.
8.7.2 No Super Moto/Super Motard machines will be eligible to compete.
8.7.3 The only restriction on tyres is that they are supplied through a homologated importer/distributor.
8.7.4 There is no restriction on any performance modifications that may be done on the motorcycle, exhaust, air filter, suspension, tuning etc. No super charging, turbo charging or NOS is allowed.
8.7.5 Silencers must be fitted to all motorcycles.
I wonder if it will be legal for WERA Superstock. Here's what the rules say about the rear shock:

"Suspension: Rear shocks may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original."
post #26 of 256 Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

There will tons of reviews coming out pretty soon..I know M-USA has their review out already..here's my .02..

I did the baseline testing for Ohlins months ago on my ZX10...I really liked it. They claim it's not a race shock, but it worked almost as well. (Almost as in 95% or better) It absorbed bumps noticeably better and you couldn't feel it adjust at all when riding. We ran it back to back with a standard TTX and if I were to nit-pick one thing, it would be at race pace, initial throttle coming off a corner, it didn't holds its geometry as well...that it. (Yes we did try many different settings to see what it would do..springs, preload, etc) I'm getting one, loved it....

Ken
post #27 of 256 Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

My shock came in on 26 Nov from the states - did my first race with it on 1 Dec, and I also got the Attack Link.

So my feedback might be based on the shock, might be the link or it might be both together - but damn i just love my bikes suspension now, the bike is so much better on the track, handling is awesome and even my tyre wear has improved.

So in short - Love it!!!

The only thing i did not like about the shock - when you do the install, there is no way to test if the Ohlins ECU is actually working, you plug it in and hope it works - but worked it did!!

The ZX10R - You'll go blind from over-exposure due to it's pure awesomeness!
post #28 of 256 Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
My shock came in on 26 Nov from the states - did my first race with it on 1 Dec, and I also got the Attack Link.

So my feedback might be based on the shock, might be the link or it might be both together - but damn i just love my bikes suspension now, the bike is so much better on the track, handling is awesome and even my tyre wear has improved.

So in short - Love it!!!

The only thing i did not like about the shock - when you do the install, there is no way to test if the Ohlins ECU is actually working, you plug it in and hope it works - but worked it did!!
Finally some real information from somebody that bought one - thank you!
post #29 of 256 Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM
arc
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Had mine installed yesterday, after a short test ride the bike feels SO much better...can't feel adjustments happening on the fly, just feels so much more "planted" and precise.

Doing a decent test run out in the twisties today.

A.

post #30 of 256 Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

So in short - Love it!!!

Does the rear feel really really rock hard with that setup? Like riding a skateboard through the pits? I'm interested in putting the attack link in my bike, however I rode one with it and I could not get the bike to transfer weight to the rear wheel. It was just too stiff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.