Gen4: Ohlins Electronically Controlled Shock - Page 26 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 258 Old 11-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I was wondering the same thing. Not a function test as such but I felt the improvement over stock right away when fitted and looking at my tyre wear I know its pretty good. If it wasn't functioning the tyre wear would be shit and all but a noob rider would feel the performance drop off it it stopped functioning IMO.

Still, a function test would be nice. It talks to the damper ECU and there is a fault light for the damper on the dash. Does the shock trigger the fault light if its stuffed? I'm guessing not but it would be nice.

That brings up another question. If the damper fault light comes on (as we all know that's not entirely uncommon) does the shock still function? Any insight on this LDH?

-Woolich/Race Tools/Log Box V3|-Graves Titanium/Carbon cat eliminator|-Ohlins Mechatronic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 258 Old 11-22-2016, 11:55 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
Any insight on this LDH?
Unfortunately I simply do not know. I've sold dozens of NON-EC Ohlins shocks for Gen4 & 5 ZX-10R's and maybe 4 of the Mechatronic units since. Most of my clientele are racers or trackday whores and the electronic controlled shocks are what they are trying to get away from not migrate towards so I just don't have the hands-on experience to provide you with a real world answer.
post #253 of 258 Old 11-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
No worries, thanks for the reply anyway. Like I said, it feels right on the road and the tyre wear is good so I'm happy.

-Woolich/Race Tools/Log Box V3|-Graves Titanium/Carbon cat eliminator|-Ohlins Mechatronic

post #254 of 258 Old 04-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Unfortunately I simply do not know. I've sold dozens of NON-EC Ohlins shocks for Gen4 & 5 ZX-10R's and maybe 4 of the Mechatronic units since. Most of my clientele are racers or trackday whores and the electronic controlled shocks are what they are trying to get away from not migrate towards so I just don't have the hands-on experience to provide you with a real world answer.
That's what I'm looking at doing now. I have a new electronic set up with only a few hundred miles on it I'm looking to sell and get the TTX manual set up because I've made my ZX10 a track only bike. Anyone interested in one let me know!

Doug@sanitaryequipment.com

Spegler SS lines with EBC HH pads front n rear along with Brembo M4 calipers, EBC front and rear rotors, Brembo Radial MC & Brake Levers, Sato rear sets, BST carbon fiber wheels, Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa SP, Ohlins TTX EC Rear Shock, revalued steering damper, leatec gas cap, Don Guhl Reflash, Akropovic & linked pipe. HM quick shifter,green silicon hoses, Shoria battery and shimmed the rear 5mm and lastly (for now) an EBC Kevlar race clutch & HD springs, Vortex case covers.
post #255 of 258 Old 04-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Finally installed one of these onto my 2012. Scored it on ebay at an insanely low price. I was in shock when the bidding ended and saw the final price. My lucky day I guess. Afterwards, I sent it off to replace fluids and seals. Got it installed this past weekend and starting to wonder what I'm going to do if I keep adding electronics to this bike. There is no more room with the PC5, Bazazz QS, USB charger and now the Ohlins ECU.

My first impression.... "I this thing working???"

I've never ridden a bike with a shock setup for my weight. I've always been on stock suspension and I weigh 200 lbs. So I'm a little over what the stock shocks can handle usually... It was a little intimidating at first. I think it will just take some seat time to get use too. I only rode it about 20 miles just to make sure everything seamed alright. It sure does feel stiff.
post #256 of 258 Old 05-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Guys I'm going to be selling my Gen4: Ohlins Electronically Controlled Shock. I only have 250 track miles on it and she works great. I want $900.00 shipped anywhere. If your interested e mail me at doug@sanitaryequipment.com

thanks!

Spegler SS lines with EBC HH pads front n rear along with Brembo M4 calipers, EBC front and rear rotors, Brembo Radial MC & Brake Levers, Sato rear sets, BST carbon fiber wheels, Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa SP, Ohlins TTX EC Rear Shock, revalued steering damper, leatec gas cap, Don Guhl Reflash, Akropovic & linked pipe. HM quick shifter,green silicon hoses, Shoria battery and shimmed the rear 5mm and lastly (for now) an EBC Kevlar race clutch & HD springs, Vortex case covers.
post #257 of 258 Old 06-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Guys I'm dropping the price if anyone is interested. $750.00 shipped 203-627-0617 Doug

post #258 of 258 Old 06-05-2017, 04:57 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i use a cheap stethoscope and put the tip on the shock to see if it makes noise at startup if i ever want to test it, you can hear it whine when turning on key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.