Gen.4 ZX-10R: Ceramic Wheel Bearings - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

So, I've decided to go with ceramic hybrid bearings through Worldwide Bearings. (Mike, I'll be giving you a call tomorrow to order them lol.) However, when my mechanic removed the OEM bearings and seals, he put them in a bag for me and I had to separate them by which pieces belonged to the front wheel, rear wheel, and rear sprocket. He told me some of the pieces weren't reusable but when I looked at all the parts, they all looked like they were in perfect condition.

**Here are the parts I am questioning if I can re-use if there are no cuts, bends, or flaws in them.**

REAR SPROCKET RING-SNAP: PART#: 92033-1274 (QUANTITY: 1)

REAR WHEEL SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-1375 (QUANTITY: 1)

REAR SPROCKET SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-1376 (QUANTITY: 1)

FRONT WHEEL SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-0050 (QUANTITY: 2)

**Below are the links to where you can see the diagrams of the parts and part #s I just listed above**

FRONT WHEEL:

Chaplin Kawasaki 860-455-1233

REAR WHEEL AND REAR SPROCKET:

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 04-19-2015, 04:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNMS3 View Post
So, I've decided to go with ceramic hybrid bearings through Worldwide Bearings. (Mike, I'll be giving you a call tomorrow to order them lol.) However, when my mechanic removed the OEM bearings and seals, he put them in a bag for me and I had to separate them by which pieces belonged to the front wheel, rear wheel, and rear sprocket. He told me some of the pieces weren't reusable but when I looked at all the parts, they all looked like they were in perfect condition.

**Here are the parts I am questioning if I can re-use if there are no cuts, bends, or flaws in them.**

REAR SPROCKET RING-SNAP: PART#: 92033-1274 (QUANTITY: 1)

REAR WHEEL SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-1375 (QUANTITY: 1)

REAR SPROCKET SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-1376 (QUANTITY: 1)

FRONT WHEEL SEAL-OIL: PART #: 92049-0050 (QUANTITY: 2)

**Below are the links to where you can see the diagrams of the parts and part #s I just listed above**

FRONT WHEEL:

REAR WHEEL AND REAR SPROCKET:

Any help is greatly appreciated!
You can reuse everything ,......but the bearings.
post #33 of 42 Old 04-19-2015, 07:58 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post

This is true. Although I'd probably spend the extra money for new deals at this point. If the tech yanked them out our pried them out you don't know what condition they are in truly. New is fool proof. But you can reuse them if you choose.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #34 of 42 Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
This is true. Although I'd probably spend the extra money for new deals at this point. If the tech yanked them out our pried them out you don't know what condition they are in truly. New is fool proof. But you can reuse them if you choose.
Thank you, both. The seals look perfect. No signs of any wear on them. I think I'm going to re-use them seeing that I'm already spending $400 on bearings.
post #35 of 42 Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thank you, both. The seals look perfect. No signs of any wear on them. I think I'm going to re-use them seeing that I'm already spending $400 on bearings.
Make sure your ceramic bearings are sealed and please a give a review after using them for a while. Would love to hear more feedback on this.

I understand you have invested alot in these. I would make sure those outer hub seals are good. They are probably not that much, but i never priced a set myself.

Last edited by viperwolf; 04-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.
post #36 of 42 Old 04-20-2015, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperwolf View Post
Make sure your ceramic bearings are sealed and please a give a review after using them for a while. Would love to hear more feedback on this.

I understand you have invested alot in these. I would make sure those outer hub seals are good. They are probably not that much, but i never priced a set myself.
Will do! I called Worldwide Bearings to ask them about the maintenance of the bearings and the guy said they are maintenance free. I don't have to worry about any crap getting into them. But, we'll see!
post #37 of 42 Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

For anyone who is following this thread, I finally got my bike back on the road yesterday. It's hard for me to say if I am feeling a difference with the ceramic hybrid bearings, but I am still in process of breaking them in. I only rode about 40 miles yesterday, at most.

I will keep you guys posted (if you're still interested) if I start to notice a difference as I continue to ride.
post #38 of 42 Old 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
For anyone who is following this thread, I finally got my bike back on the road yesterday. It's hard for me to say if I am feeling a difference with the ceramic hybrid bearings, but I am still in process of breaking them in. I only rode about 40 miles yesterday, at most.

I will keep you guys posted (if you're still interested) if I start to notice a difference as I continue to ride.
How did this eventually turn out?
My ZX is now off the road for some maintenance, from globes, battery and the like. I never thrusted the partly sealed OEM bearings in the first place, and would happily for ceramic is the rolling resistance combined with 520chain help me do a couple of drag runs, faster

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S
post #39 of 42 Old 02-12-2018, 09:31 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I never was a really big believer in the ceramic bearing hype, but I can say one thing for certain from more recent experience: the majority of the really fast record holding bikes I see out at land speed events have ceramic bearings in the wheels. Take that for what it's worth. :)

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #40 of 42 Old 02-12-2018, 01:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
I never was a really big believer in the ceramic bearing hype, but I can say one thing for certain from more recent experience: the majority of the really fast record holding bikes I see out at land speed events have ceramic bearings in the wheels. Take that for what it's worth. :)
I expect the higher sustained speeds at speed events give the ceramic bearings a slight edge as they dont expand so much as the steel balls when hot yes higher speed rating bearings are losser so when the steel expands it doesnt tighten so much.

192MPH stock engined 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.