• 1 Post By TechnologistX
  • 1 Post By evallarta1
  • 1 Post By Tearaway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-04-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Gen 3 front spring length?

I ordered so suspension parts for my gen 3.
The front springs that came are 263mm long. When I checked the racetech site it gives replacement of as 273mm. Everything else seems to be correct.

I know on the rear spring I got recently it wasn't a problem being slightly smaller. Not sure about the front though.
Any thoughts welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

The company you bought them from may recommend shims to make those shorter springs work properly. I had a 94 CBR 900 that I put aftermarket springs in. They had to be shimmed to make them right but when done they worked a lot better than the stockers.
Tearaway likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-05-2017, 03:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Race Tech provides 2 different sizes for the Gen 3. FRSP S3827 & S3825. You are correct that the 3827 is supposed to be 273mm long and the 3825 is supposed to be 250mm long. I dont even know of a spring that would fit your description in that length. But no matter what it's not the end of the world as the stock springs are 235mm. SOOOOO you have a couple options. Measure the difference between the stock and what you have and cut that out of the stock spacer. Call RT and get the right spring and see the previous option. Or send back the spring and order from someone like K-Tech who makes springs in the actual length, so it's a straight drop in with no modification to the spacer.

If you decide to go with option 3 let me know as we should have those springs in stock.
Tearaway likes this.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations

post #4 of 4 Old 06-07-2017, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info... trimming the spacer was pretty straight forward once the forks were apart. I haven't had a chance to see how it handles but it's all back together .again.
evallarta1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.