Bridgestone S21's - Page 6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 70 Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I rode the Supercorsas SP V2 for the first time now and after 3500 miles I am super impressed with both longevity and grip. Whoever hasn't tried should. I still have another 800-1k miles out of my rear tire. I know it costs a lot more but you cant put a price on grip/thread-life.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 70 Old 12-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

good feed back for the s21, rain and wear where my biggest concern rather than outright grip I don't believe I'm ever going to get the tire to the max on the street, and track days ill stick with the rs10's
so I'm making the call to the dealer to get a set fitted next week when the gen 5's in for its overdue 18,000klm service,
still got to sing the praises of the pr4 tires I had fitted from new though, they have served me well
post #53 of 70 Old 02-14-2017, 11:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I had the combo s21 front and T30 back months ago and rain and dry all good....

changed to all s21 and in the rain the back does not like the painted lines... dry they are superb but on wet they are not at the level of T30 or PR4

post #54 of 70 Old 04-21-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Bumping for anyone who's considering the new Michelin Power RS's but didn't get a chance to check feedback on the S21.

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
https://www.instagram.com/superbike.turtle/
post #55 of 70 Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Have run S20s on a few bikes and have been happy apart from that they wore quickly. I hear that's sorted with the S21s, but I now just run T30s on the road as I reckon it's what 500GP racer Ron Haslam uses on all his track school bikes and his ex WorldSBK son uses the same, so they should be good enough for me on the road.

All those saying about problems with RS10s on the track...That is not a specific trackday tyre....It's a fast road / track tyre.

Why would you fit that instead of the track spec R10 tyre?

The R10 is a fantastic fantastic (so good I had to say it twice) tyre. You have to keep on top of tyre temperature, but it made my old GSXR 1000 K5 corner like on rails and I expect it will be even be better on my ZX10R when I fit a pair.

The tyres need heat and I have highsided myself off the bike by falling foul of this, but this was on the K5 and I would imagine the ZX10R may save my arse with it's electronics.

The tyre is actually road legal and I have used them on the road, but again, you better make sure it's a hot day or you have a new bike with electronics.
post #56 of 70 Old 05-15-2017, 11:46 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I like my S21's i ran them at the track and on the street.

Have a little over 2000 miles on them at this point and they look like they'll last to 4k. I ride a lot of twisties, maybe 500 miles of hwy commuting on them but i don't commute anymore.

I definitely prefer a slick or a race DOT tire on the track though, as they get a bit slippery and don't really hold up too well to a faster pace.

brand new after one warmup session:

picking up the pace
post #57 of 70 Old 06-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Replacing rear S21 with a new one after 9k kms and a track day. Still off the wear indicators but I got a puncture on a crap road. Cudos though to the tire design as I was able nurse it home over 10kms. First indication was after coming off the bad road onto a decent one and banging it through a nice left-hander. The rear slid sideways and I realised something was wrong but it was a controlled slide and smooth so nothing to get panicked over. Then felt if feeling a little mushy in the rear and that was when I pulled up to take a look.

JayBoCC2, what size rear were you running at the track? Found the 200/55 to hold well on the corners but that was with stock gearing which was quite tall for the track I rode. Am going to 16F 41R with the new tyre so it will be interesting to see how it behaves with that gearing. TC on 1 and engine FP

Will look at the Michelin Power RS when I burn through the new rear and current front Bridgestone S21 but my current front has 2k kms on it and is quite fresh so I decided not to mix and match or dump it. Not as sure about the Power RS in the wet either, the S21 has been very good.
post #58 of 70 Old 06-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitze View Post
Replacing rear S21 with a new one after 9k kms and a track day. Still off the wear indicators but I got a puncture on a crap road. Cudos though to the tire design as I was able nurse it home over 10kms. First indication was after coming off the bad road onto a decent one and banging it through a nice left-hander. The rear slid sideways and I realised something was wrong but it was a controlled slide and smooth so nothing to get panicked over. Then felt if feeling a little mushy in the rear and that was when I pulled up to take a look.

JayBoCC2, what size rear were you running at the track? Found the 200/55 to hold well on the corners but that was with stock gearing which was quite tall for the track I rode. Am going to 16F 41R with the new tyre so it will be interesting to see how it behaves with that gearing. TC on 1 and engine FP

Will look at the Michelin Power RS when I burn through the new rear and current front Bridgestone S21 but my current front has 2k kms on it and is quite fresh so I decided not to mix and match or dump it. Not as sure about the Power RS in the wet either, the S21 has been very good.
I was running a 190/55 on my Gen 1 with 16/39 (-1/0) 520 gearing. I've never run anything but slicks on my Gen4 as it is a dedicated track bike and i prefer stock gearing and a 200/60 profile on the rear but have also run a 180/60 rear.
post #59 of 70 Old 06-16-2017, 03:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Whats the advantage from a 190/55 vs 200/55 on a street tire....

Im running S21 on 190 right now
post #60 of 70 Old 06-16-2017, 05:16 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
Whats the advantage from a 190/55 vs 200/55 on a street tire....

Im running S21 on 190 right now

Taller tire which may or may not benefit your geometry and more contact patch at higher lean angles.
http://www.rogueracing.org/tires.htm

BTW you guys crack me up with all the reviews of "street tires" while still running maximum tire pressure. It's great stuff!
Lanister likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.