Bridgestone S21's - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 Old 07-20-2016, 04:28 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I seem to be very happy with the S21 rear I am trying at the moment. 2000kms so far and plenty of meat. Stepped out a little when cold and pushed at a T intersection but nothing scary. As far as dry grip, same as Rosso Corsa and much better wet grip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old 07-20-2016, 06:34 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

This is how I broadly classify these tires. The RS10 is a street legal track tire (as is Q3). The R10 is a track tire. The S20-21 is a street tire that can be ridden on the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.32.52 AM.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	379666  
turtle1000 likes this.

2016 ZX10R KRT ABS
2014 Ninja 300 SE
2016 DRZ400SM
post #43 of 53 Old 07-20-2016, 08:29 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I will be torn between rs10 and q3 when it comes time for new tires. Something to note is I haven't even adjusted air pressure on rs10 so they're pretty high and still stick like crazy

More cowbell

post #44 of 53 Old 07-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Went ahead and picked up a set of SC2s for the track. Was super tempted to pick up the cheaper Q3s but then went the whole hog and bought the Pirellis.

Met another Gen5 rider recently and his bike had done 4500 kms and the stocks RS10s looked like they still had a lot of life left in them. Impressive ! I dint expect them to last beyond the 4k mark. I am sure mine wont the way I ride :P
post #45 of 53 Old 07-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomshankar View Post
Went ahead and picked up a set of SC2s for the track. Was super tempted to pick up the cheaper Q3s but then went the whole hog and bought the Pirellis.

Met another Gen5 rider recently and his bike had done 4500 kms and the stocks RS10s looked like they still had a lot of life left in them. Impressive ! I dint expect them to last beyond the 4k mark. I am sure mine wont the way I ride :P
It just depends. So many variables to tire wear. Air pressure, pavement type, riding style, etc. I usually get around 2000ish miles from a rear rs10 and 4000ish from the front. That is mostly riding on the highway to get to the nice turns, riding hard on the turns, and highway home.

2016 ZX10R KRT ABS
2014 Ninja 300 SE
2016 DRZ400SM
post #46 of 53 Old 08-10-2016, 05:43 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Now over 4k kms on rear and plenty of centerline rubber left, added a matching front s21.
With the front the bike doesn't tip in like with the Rosso Corsa but it has a very linear feel from vertical to side and back. Needs a little more effort to tip in like a Diablo Rosso front would.

Good tyres.
post #47 of 53 Old 08-23-2016, 02:52 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
My SC2s dint land up in time for the trackday so went ahead with the OEM RS10s. They held up really well and on one occassion when I thought I was Rossi and went in too hot into a turn only to chicken out and shed speed before my turn-in point, the bike popped a stoppie and the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree. I did make the turn without any fuss though (except that my b@IIs were in my mouth). The whole fraction of a second that this circus happened, all I felt was a slight wobble from the front end before it tucked itself in and lined up for the corner.

Impressed !
post #48 of 53 Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
hahahhah good description vroomshankar. I am on the last few hundred miles out of my s21 and let me tell you, very impressive tires however I dont think this is the right tire for this bike. I will be getting SP v2 for a trackday coming up in september.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #49 of 53 Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
UPDATE: 6,000km (3,700 miles) so far.

Still holding up extremely well. Went up to my local twisties over the weekend and due to zero cops (miracle) spent 7 hours racing mates. Still zero slips, zero problems. They stuck just as good as the day I got em.
Extremely impressed so far.

I've never really spoken heavily about tyres to other people, but I feel like a door to door salesman with these. Anyone who listens I blab to about them.
Few of my mates have picked them up since and all very happy with their performance.

Still commuting every day on the freeway on them, and they're only *just* starting to square off.

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
2008 - WR450F Motard (Sold)
2004 - GSXR-600 Track (Sold)
1964 - AJS CSR 500 Thruxton
1963 - Triumph Chopper
post #50 of 53 Old 11-27-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
UPDATE: Retiring

Just hit 10,000km (6,200 miles).

The tyres are still gripping impressively, however I am down to the wear indicators and my brain is starting to worry about them under heavy load. The squaring off is becoming more noticeable, however is still not as bad as the RS10's were at 5,000km.

The biggest thing I noticed that disappeared is the immediate tip in crowing on the front tyre. When they are new, they just fall into corners with this beautiful swoosh. After a few thousands kilometers though, they wear back into the shape of a traditional front tyre.

Out of all the tyres I have ever run, I have never spoken so much about a set that I've had. They really can do it all. They've got MASSIVE life for the amount of performance they give. They have incredible feedback and feel, and are such a comfortable ride.

I've ordered another 2 sets. I won't be changing tyre for the foreseeable future as nothing else I've used comes even close to being so well rounded.

10/10 F*ckin' amazing.

I'll put up some closer picture to show wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	577.9 KB
ID:	387306  

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
2008 - WR450F Motard (Sold)
2004 - GSXR-600 Track (Sold)
1964 - AJS CSR 500 Thruxton
1963 - Triumph Chopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.