Bridgestone S21's - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 Old 07-18-2016, 01:34 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Guys

Need to pick up a set of tyres for trackuse ONLY. for the street I have the OEM tyres and the Metz M7s.

So for a pure trackday use Pirelli Supercorsa SC2 (S$400) or Bridgestone S21 (S$350) ?

I know the Pirellis are supposed to be better on paper but thought worth asking since the S21s seem to have good reviews too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 07-18-2016, 05:16 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I am about to pull the trigger on the supercorsa for a trackday but my understanding is they are from two different planets.
Currently I have the s21 and they are great but they are not track tires. If you want to save some money get the RS10. I did a track day with those and they are fantastic. my .02.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #33 of 55 Old 07-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newninja View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on the supercorsa for a trackday but my understanding is they are from two different planets.
Currently I have the s21 and they are great but they are not track tires. If you want to save some money get the RS10. I did a track day with those and they are fantastic. my .02.
I did a trackday with the OEM RS10s a month ago and while they are damn good they just arent tracktyres. The RS10s turn-in super sharp and grip well and the wear on them wasnt bad either but they did give me a scare or two under hard acceleration coming out of corners.

Thanks for the feedback :)

post #34 of 55 Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah, it happened to me as well with the rs10 and s21. while they are great tires, they are not in the same level as supercorsa. that is my understanding.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #35 of 55 Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
UPDATE: Roughly 3,500km on them so far (2100ish miles). Grip and wear is still good. I do 60km (36 miles) of highway commuting every day + whatever twistie action I can get on weekends.
They've been great in the torrential storms we've been getting, and the only slips I've had has been over mental bridge joins in the wet (duh), and hard acceleration on polished concrete.
I had the rear spin up once on hard drive out of a tight right hander going down hill which was very smooth and controlled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1339.JPG (1.75 MB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1342.JPG (1.75 MB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1341.JPG (1.70 MB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1340.JPG (1.68 MB, 93 views)

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
2008 - WR450F Motard (Sold)
2004 - GSXR-600 Track (Sold)
1964 - AJS CSR 500 Thruxton
1963 - Triumph Chopper
post #36 of 55 Old 07-19-2016, 05:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I love the s21 dont get me wrong but they are not a track tire.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #37 of 55 Old 07-19-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I love the s21 dont get me wrong but they are not a track tire.
They were never marketed as one?

They're a tyre you can commute on and go to the twisties on the weekend, then ride to a track day and be comfortable, then ride home.

1963 - Triumph Chopper
post #38 of 55 Old 07-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
twiesties yes, track in my opinion no. track you push your bike a lot further.
i think some of the track tires are rated somewhat in the following order (in my opinion)

supercorsa > rs10 > corsa ~ q3 ~ s21 > everyone else...

This is a point of reference but of course I think its best for you to try each tire because they may feel different to you. I haven't really tried the q3 or supercorsa yet. supercorse being the next one on my list.

also check out this review for yourself:
2015 Sport Motorcycle Tire Shootout - Motorcycle USA

'16 zx10r Matte Gray

Last edited by newninja; 07-19-2016 at 09:56 PM.
post #39 of 55 Old 07-19-2016, 10:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I always thought that rs10 are similar to q3. I don't seem to get the tc intervention on the rs10 but it could be the gen 5 just being better at not pulling power as much, I haven't tried q3 with new bike tho, or rs10 on gen 4 so who knows

More cowbell
post #40 of 55 Old 07-19-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
twiesties yes, track in my opinion no. track you push your bike a lot further.
i think some of the track tires are rated somewhat in the following order (in my opinion)

supercorsa > rs10 > corsa ~ q3 ~ s21 > everyone else...

This is a point of reference but of course I think its best for you to try each tire because they may feel different to you. I haven't really tried the q3 or supercorsa yet. supercorse being the next one on my list.

also check out this review for yourself:
2015 Sport Motorcycle Tire Shootout - Motorcycle USA
I know what you're getting at. But the guys who will be pushing past an S21's capability will have dedicated track bikes etc.
On my track gixxer I only ran Supercorsa SC1s and 2s. Sometimes the SP if I had to.

The S21's from experience and opinion will more than hold up to track riding for anyone who isn't in Red group.
If I was going to the track to set PB's then yeah I'm going to go semi-slicks or full slicks, but that's not a bike I can run on the road.
Considering how versatile the S21 is I don't think you could ask for a better tyre at the moment.

Baron and the reporters aren't exactly slow pokes, and they appear pretty content with how the tyre performs considering it's not specifically a track tyre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4q8QQCC5RM

I agree with you that if you want hardcore track stuff, this isn't the tyre for you. But if you want commuting, twisties, and the occasional track day, it fits the bill perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1000 View Post
I always thought that rs10 are similar to q3. I don't seem to get the tc intervention on the rs10 but it could be the gen 5 just being better at not pulling power as much, I haven't tried q3 with new bike tho, or rs10 on gen 4 so who knows
Yeah in 6,000km on the RS10s the only time I had them trip TC was in the wet, and right toward the end of their life. Fantastic tyre.

1963 - Triumph Chopper

Last edited by Siwa; 07-19-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.