Bridgestone S21's - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 70 Old 06-21-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
UPDATE: Sorry for the delay, weather has been shite, then double demerits, so I haven't taken the time to go out for a hard ride. Ended up going out last night for some Isle of Man TT do it yourself racing with some mates.

In short, they're f*cking fantastic.
They heat up incredible fast and offer great grip straight out of the gates. To quote Baron, the front is inspirational. I know a couple corners where at full lean there are some ripples where I've had the RS10's and Rosso II's wash out the front on me before, but these stuck true. I thought I must have been going slower since the front didn't push, but checking back on my camera, nope, roughly same speed and lean as last time.

I turned the TC to 5 and power to Low and then Medium to see if I could get the traction kicking in, but the rear never decided to slip. Haven't done a really hard drive on Full with TC 1 so can't comment there.

They feel a bit like a mix of the RS10's with their stability and rail like tendency, but with more input like the Pirellis. Wear so far is excellent.
Hard braking doesn't seem to upset them at all as I slammed on anchors from 260kph down to 60kph, and then 160kph to a dead stop. No squirreling.
Been caught in a few storms too, and I've got plenty of confidence with them in wet conditions.

Currently, I am completely satisfied with them as far as road going tyres go.
I'll definitely be buying another set, and would highly recommend them to anyone thinking about trying them out.

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
https://www.instagram.com/superbike.turtle/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 Old 06-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I agree great tire.you dont have to run super low tire pressures to get grip either.
post #13 of 70 Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I really like the S21 but I feel like once I have tried the RS10 there is nothing like it. I dont know if I want to try front and rear S21 to get the full picture or just go back to RS10. Thanks for the update!

'16 zx10r Matte Gray

post #14 of 70 Old 06-22-2016, 08:02 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

On my gen4 Im running the T30 evos on the back and now s21 on the front...

Im coming from a PR4, the front is just inspiracional, you can push the bike and it just like it...... a revelation.

the tip in is a bit slow for my taste...
post #15 of 70 Old 06-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Just a heads up for those looking into these. Motomummy has them on sale listed at $179 for a set after rebate. If I didn't just pick up a set of Q3's for $100 new, I would be buying a set of these.
post #16 of 70 Old 06-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah thats not bad but I bought mine from bike bandit
a set
120/70/17 + 190/55/17 for $162 after rebate
http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tube...otorcycle-tire

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #17 of 70 Old 06-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
this is a good tire, dont get me wrong. I just think i have been spoiled by the rs10 :)
mpp12 likes this.

'16 zx10r Matte Gray
post #18 of 70 Old 06-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Finding the Diablo Rosso III rear and Rosso Corsa's rear tending to chew through the center on me I have put an order for a S21 200/55 rear to see how that fairs. Also wanting same grip as the Rosso Corsa but better wet traction and life down the center line. Love the Corsa on the corners and hoping the S21 is similar in feel.

Keeping the Corsa front for now as it is fairly fresh. If the S21 rear rides well I will match it down the track up front.

Power 3's were great in the wet but I don't like the front as it feels vague for my liking. Must say though, we are spoiled for choices with tyres now days and they have come a long way since I used to blast round the place on my RGV in the early 90's
post #19 of 70 Old 06-26-2016, 08:30 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Power 3 fronts also feel vage.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
post #20 of 70 Old 06-26-2016, 12:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Are the rs10 that gen 5 comes with the same as you'd buy or are they a cheaper oem variety?

More cowbell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.