Why did Kawi make the Ninja 1000 and Z1000 so inferior to the ZX10R? - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 Old 04-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Because they are cheaper are to build and have a lower MSRP for people who want to get a bike with a good level of performance without the price of a full-on race bike.

PS - I'm turning 40 in a few months and I'm nowhere near ready for a naked bike.
43 here still feeling like a 21yo on most mornings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The best bike is always the one you, the rider/owner likes best . I have a stable of 15 bikes I like them all for different reasons so no one bike is...inferior. The ninja 1000 is more comfortable and a more rounder street machine than the ZX10R so in so ways you could say its the...superior bike.I don't own either a zx10R(I did last year) or a Ninja1000r
But I had to have a Kawasaki literbike in the stable so when I found a 1996 GPZ 1100 with 4000 miles (2500) I bought it on the spot . Very comfortable 125hp and kawasakis smooth inline 4cyl with 2 counter balancers. Not a track bike but great street bike. When it comes to performance the rider is the most important race component. I know a guy who race bike is a 2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050. To a non motorcyclist they would think the Triumph Sprint St 1050 was the hottest sportbike on the market because in local ccs races he beats the BMW s1000r, Ducati 1199R, Kawasaki ZX10R ect. He likes the great handling and midrange of the Triumph Sprint St 1050.
My point is Kawasaki makes a great bike in both the zx10R and the Ninja 1000 its not inferior , just a different type of bike.
post #33 of 41 Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Anouther point is that the Ninja 1000 like all modern literbikes are so good in reality 98% of riders don't have the skills(yours truly included) reach the limits of the machine anyway. Motorcycles(600cc/750cc/1000cc) have been better than there riders for at least the last decade.

post #34 of 41 Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

ugh, this old thread of awesome...WHY DOESN'T MY APPLE TASTE LIKE YOUR ORANGE...
post #35 of 41 Old 08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
ugh, this old thread of awesome...WHY DOESN'T MY APPLE TASTE LIKE YOUR ORANGE...
I love reading these older threads, everyone putting in their opinions and 9.5 cents worth in..cant change a thing by just talking, wont change anyone's opinion by throwing in their opinions in, arguing like kids fighting over a muncha toys in the public playground..
post #36 of 41 Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So glad that little brat^^^^^^^^ has been banned
Suck it kiddo

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Every fortress falls, it is not the end. It aint if you fall, its how you rise that says who you really are.
- QOTSA

"if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help"
- Peter
post #37 of 41 Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Buy a Speed Triple. They are a great naked.

2013 ZX10R
Ohlin TTX rear shock, Brembo 19X20, Rifleman throttle insert, Graves Slip-on, Yoshimura engine and frame sliders, Woolich USB, Motoholders Carbon Fiber Intake and stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, -1, +2 gearing, EK 520 chain, Spielgler brake lines, Vortex rear sets/GP Shift, Vortex gas cap, CRG shorty levers, BMC race filter, Driven Block-off plates etc

2008 ZX10R- SOLD
post #38 of 41 Old 09-05-2013, 04:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
So glad that little brat^^^^^^^^ has been banned
Suck it kiddo
It was bound to happen sooner or later. He thrived off of annoying and frustrating everyone

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #39 of 41 Old 11-28-2013, 09:57 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
I just dont get it. I went to the dealership yesterday and browsed through the new 2012 models. Why does Kawi waste their resources with these sub-par liter-bikes?
LOL...kind of funny that I saw this thread searching Google for something completely off the topic.

I'll just say the OP got it right in his first sentence. If someone doesn't "get" a particular bike, they clearly aren't the target audience for it. To say the engine is subpar is laughable. It's built for a different riding style and IMO does the job perfectly. But then I actually own the bike so I might "get it" a bit better. As for suspension... I did the same thing to the N1K that I did to my ZX10R's...AK20 front, fully adjustable Penske rear, so what came oem on either just didn't matter. Exhaust and tuning... again, same recipe.. full exhaust and fuel tuner.

Oh...and gearing... -1 +5?? :icon_eek: No sir!! I went stock front and -1 rear. Yes, taller gearing. Post tuning the bike has great low end grunt and the taller gears bring down the rpm's for top gear cruising. I tend to stay in top gear at a "few" () over the speed limit and just drop a gear or two going into a turn to grunt out. I'm not street racing...just putting my wife's pucks near the ground from the pillion....I'm kinda slow with her on board.

Anywho...this section needed a bump and I HAD to defend my steed of choice. Choice is beautiful thing, no? :icon_cool:

Happy Thanksgiving all! :mod_smilie_wavey:

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #40 of 41 Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Miykl, thank you for your thoughts and response. I have a couple questions for you:
Does the weight of the bike bother you? If you don't mind me asking, what size are you?
And most importantly, will the bike do a power-wheelie? Just roll on the throttle and the front comes up?
A good friend of mine with an original 03 Z1000 did the same types of mods you did. It made that bike a LOT better to ride, but it still felt heavy and significantly underpowered compared to the "race" bikes. Thats the main reason I never got one.
Maybe Im just too much of a hooligan? LOL
Ever rode a B-King? Suzuki got the motor right but the bike is 1.5x too large for me.

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.