Why did Kawi make the Ninja 1000 and Z1000 so inferior to the ZX10R? - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 PM
GP Rider
 
fireman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,606
Posting Frequency
    
The z1000 is a better streetbike bar none. The zx10r isn't a great commuter, nor is it good for any distance riding. So anyone actually using a bike for commuting and traveling would probably be better off with one.

But many people prefer to have the bike that boast the best numbers. Or wins the most races, or will impress the most chicks. And thus...commuters and long distance riders that choose gsxr, zx10, r1, cbr's

My 2 cents. That is all.
fireman69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider
 
Johns04ZX10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 1,035
Posting Frequency
    
Quote:
well, to enlighten you a little. the fz1's have the previous gen r1 engines in them, that are also de-tuned slightly for around town ridability instead of top end power. the suspension is adjustable, i'll go take pictures of the stock suspension on mine if you don't believe me
LMAO!! This is a perfect example of someone who doesn't get it. Please allow ME to enlighten you a little. The FZ1 does NOT have the 5-valve R1 motor. It is BASED on the old R1 motor. The FZ1 motor has lower compression among other things and yields weaker performance. Very noticeably weaker if you ride the bikes back to back. Your suspension is NOT fully adjustable like the R1 suspension. Why dont you go out to the garage and take a picture of your compression dampening adjuster on your rear shock for me? LOL
Dont get me wrong, the FZ1 is a great bike. But, they could have served you better with a REAL R1 motor and the real R1 suspension parts.
This thread is supposed to be about the Z1000 anyway, and all I really want is a lighter Z1000 with a ZX10R motor and suspension parts. PLEASE and THANK YOU!
Johns04ZX10R is offline  
post #13 of 41 Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Does not drive into smoke
 
El Zilcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,156
Posting Frequency
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman69 View Post
But many people prefer to have the bike that boast the best numbers. Or wins the most races, or will impress the most chicks. And thus...commuters and long distance riders that choose gsxr, zx10, r1, cbr's
Yeah, it's all about boasting and chicks...
El Zilcho is offline  
 
post #14 of 41 Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
GP Rider
 
zdawg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,892
Posting Frequency
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat10R View Post
-1,+5 that is all
This'd definitely liven it up

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
zdawg123 is offline  
post #15 of 41 Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM
GP Rider
 
fireman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,606
Posting Frequency
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
Yeah, it's all about boasting and chicks...
That is why I bought mine.
fireman69 is offline  
post #16 of 41 Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
BigCat for Prez!
 
BigCat10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 7,206
Posting Frequency
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg123 View Post
This'd definitely liven it up
its all I can run now, im spoiled by it bec everything else feels so sluggish


Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
BigCat10R is offline  
post #17 of 41 Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Slo
Is still Slo
 
Slo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,538
Posting Frequency
       
Garage
Those bikes are for a different market. It may not appeal to you, but there is definitely a market out there for others. And, I wouldn't say they are an inferior bike, or else we would all be on a BMW S1000rr according to magazine reviews/specs.

Just like cars; BMW has a 128i, then a 135i, and then finally the 1M. None of the cars are inferior to each other.

There are plenty of people around that could take a z1000 up to the hills and out ride 95% of the people up there on full blown sportbikes.


2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver
Slo is offline  
post #18 of 41 Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Starbucks Connoisseur
 
Static IP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beverly Hills
Posts: 4,368
Posting Frequency
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Because they are cheaper are to build and have a lower MSRP for people who want to get a bike with a good level of performance without the price of a full-on race bike.

I agree. The ZX-10R costs a lot more and thus cuts into riders Starbucks budget. So they made one way cheaper to accomodate.
At least that's how I see it.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)


Static IP is offline  
post #19 of 41 Old 09-22-2012, 02:32 AM
WSB Rider
 
purebusiness1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 528
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post
I agree. The ZX-10R costs a lot more and thus cuts into riders Starbucks budget. So they made one way cheaper to accomodate.
At least that's how I see it.
Your name should be "Thread Ender."

And OP, I had an '05 ZX-10R and just sold an '11 Ninja 1000. The Ninja 1000 is the best street bike I have ever ridden. It's nowhere near as fast as my Gen 4 10R, but it was fun anyway.

Laugh, you'll live longer.
purebusiness1 is offline  
post #20 of 41 Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 79
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
LMAO!! This is a perfect example of someone who doesn't get it. Please allow ME to enlighten you a little. The FZ1 does NOT have the 5-valve R1 motor. It is BASED on the old R1 motor. The FZ1 motor has lower compression among other things and yields weaker performance. Very noticeably weaker if you ride the bikes back to back. Your suspension is NOT fully adjustable like the R1 suspension. Why dont you go out to the garage and take a picture of your compression dampening adjuster on your rear shock for me? LOL
Dont get me wrong, the FZ1 is a great bike. But, they could have served you better with a REAL R1 motor and the real R1 suspension parts.
This thread is supposed to be about the Z1000 anyway, and all I really want is a lighter Z1000 with a ZX10R motor and suspension parts. PLEASE and THANK YOU!
Actually you are wrong. The current FZ1 does have 20 valves. I checked Yamaha's website to confirm it.
RRMAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome