Considering the 2014 Ninja 1000 - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I had a 2013 ninja 1000 for a instructor bike this season. One of the best street bikes I have ever ridden to be honest. Lots of power thru the rev range and comfortable as hell too. Pegs are low for track days but I was able to hustle it around well.

I really enjoyed it and would buy one in a heartbeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 11-08-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm glad to hear that! Coming from you, that means alot!
post #13 of 29 Old 11-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Congrat!! I like it and I bet its going to be a great bike for you!! Pics and a review when you get it.

post #14 of 29 Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Could someone explain why someone would ditch a super sport to purchase zx1000 specifically for comfort? Why not just a add a nice cushy seat, bar risers, and rear sets to your current model? That way you have the zip along with the comfort and your wallet stays fat. Seriously asking... I'm considering these mods this winter on the gen 4 so that I can look forward to longer rides next year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Bikes
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX10R

[MODS: Two Bros M2 Shorty : Shogun Frame Sliders : Techspec Tank Grip : K&N Race Air Filter : Shorty Levers : Custom R6 Plate Bracket
post #15 of 29 Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Modding a 10 won't net you the comfort of the 1000. Its not just a bar height issue. Its the distance from the seat to the bars that adds comfort. It has a LOT better ergos for touring. And it is a pretty fast bike when you're comparing it to the other 90% of motorcycles that aren't super sports.
post #16 of 29 Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Congrat!! I like it and I bet its going to be a great bike for you!! Pics and a review when you get it.
Thank-you, I think I'm gonna like it. I can send pics but we have a bunch of snow on the ground here so the review is gonna have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstilly85 View Post
Could someone explain why someone would ditch a super sport to purchase zx1000 specifically for comfort? Why not just a add a nice cushy seat, bar risers, and rear sets to your current model? That way you have the zip along with the comfort and your wallet stays fat. Seriously asking... I'm considering these mods this winter on the gen 4 so that I can look forward to longer rides next year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I looked at doing the handlebars and rear sets as some others have done, and if this Ninja didn't exist, that's exactly what I would have done. Having said that, the Ninja 1000 should do everything that I'm looking for better than a modded ZX10, and still be fast enough to scratch that supersport itch. Besides, I'm keeping the Gen.3 till I decide if this bike is gonna do it for me. (actually, I'm keeping the Gen.3 because I LOVE it!)
post #17 of 29 Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Congratulations I think you will be happy with the ninja. Got to test ride one of the first gen and the weight dissappears and the thing is a wheelie monster its so torquie. And I say until8000 rpm its faster than the 10.
post #18 of 29 Old 11-13-2013, 09:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatrophy View Post
Modding a 10 won't net you the comfort of the 1000. Its not just a bar height issue. Its the distance from the seat to the bars that adds comfort. It has a LOT better ergos for touring. And it is a pretty fast bike when you're comparing it to the other 90% of motorcycles that aren't super sports.
The zx10, especially the gen 4 is a very focused track bike. The power delivery is mild in the mid for ease of corner exits and huge up top to get it to the next corner. The chassis and suspension is made to be loaded mid corner to work proper. Essentially it is the bike everyone thinks they need to go for a coffee run or the occasional commute with a canyon carve or 2 between.

The z1000 or ninja 1000 is a street bike. Is can do the occasional track day but is focused to the street with appropriate trandmission gearing, power delivery and suspension to accommodate. It is not as fast on a race track due to weight and ground clearance, but if your not worried about lap times... Who cares?

Long story short, it's the bike that most people should have.
post #19 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, I got it home. Talk about comfy ergos! Now I just have to wait a few months before I can ride it. Oh well, more time to mod.:icon_wink:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0613 (Medium).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	234642   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0611 (Medium).jpg
Views:	183
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	234650  
post #20 of 29 Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Awesome!! Nice looking bike for sure. I like the brushed look on the exhaust as well. This must be a 2014? I didn't know dealers had them in stock yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.