ride or die!::weed :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadak13 View Post
Does your wife or gf have an opinion of the bike yet (comfort on longer trips)? My fiancee and I are doing about an 1800 mile trip this weekend to WSB on the superduke. I've really been eying this bike but haven't seen one in person yet. We would do a lot of two up riding. I'm also considering a concours but it's just so big.
I considerred the C-14 also but after renting one, decided I don't do near enough long distance riding to justify a bike that would be less fun along the way (too big/heavy for my tastes). I also wanted to reduce the fleet. This bike takes care of all my street riding needs very nicely. I only miss the HP when my squidly alter ego takes over. 99% of the time it's a better bike for my street needs than either the ZX14 or ZX10R.

Almost all my street riding is two up these days. We haven't done any rides over 200 miles yet but my wife loves it. She is more comfortable on this bike than she was on the ZX14. The main reason is b/c of how upright my body is. She feels more connected. Her only criticism is that she's "aware" that there's not much bike behind her compared to the ZX14. For reference my wife is 5'1" 110#.

I have my ECU on my desk right now to ship out to Dynotronics at lunch. I've gotten my map to the point that I don't feel any of the on/off throttle twichiness the fuel cut causesd when the bike was stock, but if they can get rid of the fuel cut, add some ignition advance, and open the secondary TB butterflies a bit quicker I'd be happy.

T-Rex had my bike this past week. They used it to fab frame sliders and axel sliders. I've given the owner some feedback and his shortening the sliders. He's bringing the new one to me this evening. They also powder coated my passenger grab bars black. This made a huge difference IMO on looks. The bars now blend in instead of sticking out.

Suspension is still on hold. Waiting for the tripple tree pin which T-Rex should be deliverring this evening also.

Pics... they'll be coming...

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #43 of 50 Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

wanna sell one of those stock cans?

post #44 of 50 Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowasaki1077 View Post
wanna sell one of those stock cans?

No thanks. I usually trade my bikes in so I put them back to stock and part out the a/m stuff.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #45 of 50 Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

updated pic of how she sits now...

and her stable mate...

Have some work to do to the 636. You can see the suspension waiting on the self, then painting GM Pewter (rattle can) and putting a clear screen. Got a hella deal on it though. Outa make a nice track beeotch.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #46 of 50 Old 07-29-2011, 05:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ZX10BURNER
Check out the latest issue of Cycle World, Bike of the Year goes to........take a guess......

Btw, nice 1000 how about a sound clip of the new exhaust.

It's Not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.
post #47 of 50 Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10BURNER View Post
Check out the latest issue of Cycle World, Bike of the Year goes to........take a guess......

Btw, nice 1000 how about a sound clip of the new exhaust.

I should probably recod the pipes some time. There are a lot of youtube clips of the pipes w/o the db killers but dual cans and the db killers were my main reason for choosing the Akropovic full system. The sound is deeper than stock but not much louder at all. I'm trying to be a better neighbor in my old age.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #48 of 50 Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

For what it's worth, I like thelooks of the stock exhaust. I think you'd ruin it with the cannister style aftermarket cans. It'd look chopped up.
post #49 of 50 Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
For what it's worth, I like thelooks of the stock exhaust. I think you'd ruin it with the cannister style aftermarket cans. It'd look chopped up.
I agree with that!
post #50 of 50 Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
I like the dual Akra cans, but thought oem looked ok too. Thjey were just F'n heavy and a major cork in the system, although not as bad a cork as the oem headers. Unlike the newer supersports, this bike really responds to a full exhuast system.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.