Congrats! Very sweet looking bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper View Post
^^nice little write up. bike looks a hell of a lot smaller than previous gens so figured it would fit and feel very different.
Closest I could compare it is to my 07 ZX10R in how it handles. It rides very much like a ZX10R with dirt bike bars, but has no twitchiness. It just does what it's told when told, no drama. The motor is very torquey but does not have the above 8k rush of the ZX10R. On the street it gave up no distance to the two R1's and 1000RR I was riding behind. It pulls cleanly to 135mph, at about 8.5K. (in Mexico on a closed course ).

I'm sure there's potential to be found with the full Akra and Bazzaz. I'm also going to go DOWN 2 teeth in the rear. It's geared very short for my tastes and riding style.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #23 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice Bike. Almost looks like the ZX10R. Any particular reason you chose this over the ZX10R? I am assuming comfort?

Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey Godís laws, and it never will. Thatís why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God. Romans 8:5-8

post #24 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja View Post
Any particular reason you chose this over the ZX10R? I am assuming comfort?
Bingo. Also I was looking for a "vice grips" bike. I had a complete set of tools (4 bikes) and wanted something more rounded to narrow the fleet with. Garage looks empty with just one bike though. We'll see how long that lasts.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #25 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

congrats on the new ride, she sure is a beauty!

...now instead of the ferrari you just need to get your wife a bike of her choice

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
post #26 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #27 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by red636girl View Post
.now instead of the ferrari you just need to get your wife a bike of her choice

She had an SV650S. She tried to Chuck Norris a telephone pole during an off road excursion and lost her will to ride solo. She prefers to ride pillion now. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm planing to schedule a track day and rent a Ninja 250 for her. I think if she'll just get back in the groove she'll ride again. Beside...she's smoken in those white A* leathers!

Oh...since we sold her bike she decided she "needed" some Christian Louboutin shoes. The Ferrari comment was she needed a car to match the soles. She was dissappointed when I nixxed the idea but cheered up when I mentioned getting another Porsche.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #28 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
She had an SV650S. She tried to Chuck Norris a telephone pole during an off road excursion and lost her will to ride solo. She prefers to ride pillion now. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm planing to schedule a track day and rent a Ninja 250 for her. I think if she'll just get back in the groove she'll ride again. Beside...she's smoken in those white A* leathers!

I ride with a girl who has a SV, she really likes it, mot my pick of a bike but to each is own. I think that would be a great thing, get her back on a bike and a 250 would be prefect.

Oh...since we sold her bike she decided she "needed" some Christian Louboutin shoes. The Ferrari comment was she needed a car to match the soles. She was dissappointed when I nixxed the idea but cheered up when I mentioned getting another Porsche.
Im sure a porsche could change things. lol

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
post #29 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja View Post
Nice Bike. Almost looks like the ZX10R. Any particular reason you chose this over the ZX10R? I am assuming comfort?
No kidding- I didn't even catch on at first that it was the z1000 despite that being in the title.

Just didn't see that coming and ASSumed it was a 10r.

Still a very nice bike. Good all arounder.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #30 of 50 Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do

Posting Frequency

I really like the looks of the ninja 1000, i was anxious to see what people thought about it. i have been thinking about adding one as a stable mate to my zx14.

Rape is no laughing matter.
Unless you're raping a clown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.