Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Preview

17K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  oxthegrunt 
#1 · (Edited)

Building on the success of its Z1000 semi-naked sportster, and series of mid-size street-going Ninjas, Kawasaki has announced a 2011 big-bore amalgamation called the Ninja 1000.

The fully-faired machine is essentially a Z1000 with Ninja bodywork. It will share the Z’s counterbalanced engine, six-speed transmission, nearly identical chassis geometry, and upright riding position.

More: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Displacement: 1,043cc
Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 56.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.8:1
Fuel injection: DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Transmission: Six-speed
Final drive: X-ring chain
Rake / trail: 24.5 degrees / 4.0 in.
Frame type: Aluminum Backbone
Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tire: 190/50 ZR17
Wheelbase: 56.9 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.
Front brakes: Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers
Rear brake: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 82.9 in.
Overall width: 31.1 in.
Overall height: 48.4 in.
Seat height: 32.3 in.
Curb weight: 502.7 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
Color choices: Ebony, Candy Fire Red / Ebony
MSRP: $10,999
Warranty: 12 Months
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A..

#18 ·
#20 ·
I'm really looking forward to seeing this one in person. I had a 2009 Concours, nice bike but kind of a pig. Well over 600lbs and top heavy in general. Much worse with a hard case on the back.

I love the zx10r but think I would be happier with something a bit less extreme. I'm never going to use even a small portion of this bikes capability and the riding position is somewhat painful for me.

I've learned my lesson on buying new though and will probably have to wait until next winter to pick up a used one.

#24 ·
Good to see a lot of positive comments on Kawasaki 1000 sport bike.. This is what the sportbikes of 10-15 years ago were with even better handling and probably a bit more comfortable too. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is a great combination of attractive styling with great performance.great bike.Dreaming to have one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.