04 zx10 electrical issue - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-04-2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Angry 04 zx10 electrical issue

Hey everyone I'm new to the fam I just bought an 04 zx10. I previously owned a zx6 and am happy with the switch. After I bought the bike I road it that weekend and it ran perfect but after about 4 hours I shut it off to get gas and it wouldn't start back up . The bike cranks but wont fire.... it eventually started later that day and I rode for the rest of the day without and issue. I took it out last weekend and it shut of on me mid ride and wouldn't start back up. Like I said before the bike cranks but wont fire The fuel pump primes I checked the vehicle down sensor and that also seems to be fine I checked all my wire harnesses and grounds and they all seem to be fine as well the bike wont start with the clutch in or out so I know the side stand sensor is ok. The bike does have a lot of after market wiring for hid's but all the wires seem to be fine and when I wiggle them all and try to start it the bike still wont fire but cracks like normal. I'm at a dead end and can't think of anything else. Anyone have a similar issue or have any suggestions????? My bike is completely apart top to bottom trying to figure this out anything you guys could suggest will be appreciated thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2017, 03:30 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
You cant test wiring by "jiggling" it... get an multimeter meter and start checking stuff. Thats the only way to do it.

2013 10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.