Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Does anyone have contact info on DKMZX10R ?

Seller 
4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  rabbit 
#1 ·
Does anyone know member DKMZX10R, first name Dan, here on the board?

I have his full name, email, and phone but I won't post those publicly yet. He gave them to me as a reassurance after I sent him a fairly large sum of money for parts.

So far I've gotten a lot of excuses about how he travels for work. He finally sent me a tracking number, but it's been well over a month and UPS only has a record of the label. It's never been shipped.

I have called him, texted, and sent PMs with no response. Taking a final stab that someone here knows him before posting all his info as a warning.

#4 ·
Problem is, if you wait too long through PayPal you get screwed. Also never send money the non services way (like it's too a family member etc). Otherwise if you're good on fork of payment and time frame you can have paypal refund you based on bad shipping info.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I'm screwed on the payments. What can I say - I'm a trusting person and I've never had a deal go bad from a member of this board.

I'm just wondering if anyone else knows this guy or has dealt with him on other parts. I still want to believe this is all a big misunderstanding, but he's gone into radio silence.

#6 ·
His last activity on here was Dec 2. Nothing since then.

Have you tried a private message? What about his email? If you need his email address, I can give that to you off his account info, just PM me for it.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. I'll keep track of this thread to see if and when it gets resolved. Depending on the outcome, his account can be restricted. And certainly at that point you should leave iTrader feedback.

#8 ·
Well I've tried and tried and tried. I've been texting the number and calling without reply. Maybe he's blocked my number. He has an iphone and the messages show as delivered. I'm sorry to say it's the first deal I've had go bad on me from a member of this board. I see he hasn't logged on since 12/2. Here's his info:

Dan McEwan
619 836 2544
daniel.mcewan@icloud.com

If anyone knows him, has dealt with him, or has any other info on how to contact him I'd appreciate it.

#12 ·
Can you give us a full rundown on what happened...
What you bought, when you bought it, how much you payed and on what date and when he was supposed to ship it out...

#13 ·
I'll be happy to clarify. I'm building a race bike from a wreck I bought. He wrecked his as well and was supplying me with the laundry list of parts I needed. Here's copy/paste from the PMs:

11-11-2015, 02:01 PM
DKMZX10R
Sorry for the delay. I can not offer the clutch, I don't want to tear into the motor. I never upgraded to the better 6or14 calipers, still running the stock 10r set up. I'll gladly include those in the deal tho, if you'd like.

I can have everything removed and shipped for $400. Just compiled a ton of ebay prices, and deducted a fair amount for one time sale. Let me know what you think.

Fuel Filler and Ignition, only 1 key.
Left and right rear sets
intake, center ram, and left and right boots
OEM Fairing Stay
OEM Gauge Cluster
Left and Right Clip Ons
Throttle Cable Assy
Front OEM Master

rabbit
By clutch I meant the lever and perch on the left clipon, not the actual assembly in the engine. Basically I was looking for complete hand controls along with the foot controls. Throw that in, give me a paypal and I'll take it all for $400. I also need the rear brake master cylinder and reservoir. Brake line too if you've got it. The caliper is there but nothing else. Ugh!

DKMZX10R
Ahh got it, so the levers are both gold anodized CRG levers. I was going to sell them for a bit more. I'll toss those in with the entire rear brake assy as well. Can we do $450 shipped?
Paypal is daniel.mcewan@icloud.com
any questions call or text 619-836-2544

Then, after several worried inquiries, I got this final PM from him. He hasn't returned my voice mail, texts, PM, or email since. Tracking info says there's a label but it's never been shipped.

12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
DKMZX10R
My shipping guy back at the lab is getting the parts out today for you. I just got the tracking number now. Sorry for taking so long, they've had me on the road closing up issues before the new year. I'm a field service engineer, and or world traveler, I'm never home.
Tracking Number: 1Z9268750398804416
Service: UPS Ground Service
Guaranteed By: End of Day Friday, Dec 4, 2015
Bill Shipping Charges to: Shipper's Account 926875
Charges: 18.28 USD

#15 ·
Nah. I check his profile every few days to see if he's logged on. He's gonzo. Lesson learned. Bummer it was for quite a bit of money, but more of a bummer that I'm left sourcing the parts bit by bit. Buttonwillow is in 2 months. I'm going to skip first round and be ready for Sonoma end of April - I hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.