cheapcycleparts.com is a scam!!!!!!!!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

cheapcycleparts.com is a scam!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Bought a ton of stuff from them and never had any problems...and i bought A LOT of parts from them in 07 when i wrecked a good 1k-1500 worth and not one issue. not to mention you have 1 post? you made an account to just tell us that?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
post #3 of 10 Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Funshine Bear

Location: Back on the road again. Auto club speedway is my new home.
Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to minichevy
Word.

If you ain't first, your last!
Thats a registered trade mark of Rick Bobby INC.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-20-2010, 02:03 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

So you liked em huh!?! Whatdya buy? And what went wrong. Explain

post #5 of 10 Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198z View Post
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!!
This could be my first post as well and I have never had a problem with them shipping into Canada. I recommend just yesterday to someone. maybe you should try calling them back and wait on hold for a long time but they do answer eventually.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey there everyone. I just did a google search looking for anyone who has had problems with CheapCycleParts.com. It seems like a decent amount of people, including myself, have. Here's my story:

I recently ordered a speedometer cable from them, assuming it would be cheaper and easier as my closest honda dealer is about 30 minutes away. I read, while ordering, on their site the standard "please allow 3-5 business days to process your order." I obviously didn't pay enough attention to it because 3-5 business days for processing is insane. I placed my order some time around noon, est, on Tuesday June 15th (i think this means around 9 or 10am for them). I got a receipt in my email for the order almost immediately. Per their website, I should receive a tracking number shortly.

Fast forward to Monday, June 21st. I still had not received a tracking number, so I called first thing in the AM. I spoke to a nice young lady who told me they had received my order and it would be shipped out via fed-ex today. I was obviously a little concerned since i had ordered the part a week ago. She said they do not drop ship, and the part was not in stock so they had to order it first to their warehouse, and then ship to me. This seemed pretty out of the ordinary, but what could I do. I thanked her for her help, and she assured me i would receive a tracking number that day.

Tuesday June 22nd, I receive a tracking number by email, linking me to a USPS site mind you. When I click the link, it tells me the tracking number was invalid and to try again. I assumed it had not been updated in the system. I tried a few more times through out the day, no change.

Wednesday, June 23rd I checked the tracking number first thing and finally it had updated. The message now read "shipping information received" and then had a message about how the package had not been dropped off, but the billing info had been processed, meaning it still had not been shipped. I gave them a call and this time spoke to a man. I gave him my order number and began explaining my problem to him. I may be a little long winded, but I was literally a few seconds in to explaining my problem when he interrupted me and said "Buddy, it'll ship out today." I explained to him that my problem was only half in the slow shipping time, but also in the misinformation given by the previous rep. He was unconcerned with what the previous rep told me, more so with trying to prove to me that Wednesday was the 5th business day from my order. He explained that no matter how early you order (my assumption since i ordered in the AM) the order day doesn't count, and that the day it ships doesn't count either b/c it is out of their hands. I went into the conversation just concerned about my part, and left angry at the lack of customer service.

I then sent an email stating everything Ive said above. I got an email back explaining to me that my situation fit into their shipping guidelines, and advising me of where I can find them. No mention was made of the rude CSR, or the misinformation.

My situation isn't terrible. I got my part, it appears to be the right part. It didn't take months, or cost a fortune. To be honest, if it weren't for the customer service issues I wouldn't even be posting this today. I have had great transactions with my local dealer, and shouldn't have strayed. Lesson learned, sorry for the novel, just thought I'd throw my .02 in.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Well no offense to Mike but most part places have to order OEM parts than ship them- so its no out of the ordinary and go ahead and figured it prolly was sent out to them Wednesday- so thats 4 business days to get to them- so really not that long-even for the smallest part- than for them to say they were gunna ship it monday- and i can say that it has taken UPS AND FEDEX a day to update stuff- and depends who they ship through, which they can ship through a 3rd party(staples, office depot etc) and for them to pick it up-sounds about right so id expect something like that almost 2 weeks to my door- like he said its not a stock item and i do beleive the parts come directly from Kawai WH. And like i said ive ordered stuff in the past which consisted of a 1500+ order, and recently a 10 dollar order for blank keys which even them they have to order from kawi its not unusual. So just out of curiosity have you ever ordered OEM parts before? and from where? and idk about your local dealer but ours take 2 weeks almost to get a part into there shop! than they dont even have to send it back out its a pickup item so

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
post #8 of 10 Old 06-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I understand that since this was my first post, everyone will assume that I'm full of crap. Keep in mind that the point of my post was to help you (the collective you of course.)

in my experience, companies without tangible inventory use drop shipping. It makes no sense, and is also incredibly wastefull to order in a single part, and then ship it back out.

I know they had the part by Monday morning at the latest, there is no reason for it to still have not been shipped by Wednesday afternoon.

The only experience I have with ordering OEM motorcycle parts is from the dealer, which is where I should have gone. They even tools me they would have the part in 3-5 days. E-forehead-slap.

I do want to say this again; although shipping was the root of my issue, most of my frustration came from the poor customer service made worse by the attitude of the employees.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MikeVan View Post
I understand that since this was my first post, everyone will assume that I'm full of crap. Keep in mind that the point of my post was to help you (the collective you of course.)

in my experience, companies without tangible inventory use drop shipping. It makes no sense, and is also incredibly wastefull to order in a single part, and then ship it back out.

I know they had the part by Monday morning at the latest, there is no reason for it to still have not been shipped by Wednesday afternoon.

The only experience I have with ordering OEM motorcycle parts is from the dealer, which is where I should have gone. They even tools me they would have the part in 3-5 days. E-forehead-slap.

I do want to say this again; although shipping was the root of my issue, most of my frustration came from the poor customer service made worse by the attitude of the employees.
We have a few Sponsors on this site that drop ship...check out the Sponsors section and just tell them what you want and they will PM you.

bloo
post #10 of 10 Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Will do. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in