Shoei X-Fourteen Laverty Helmet - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 Old 04-10-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by F SANE IL View Post
So, I finally pulled the trigger on this helmet.

Went to CycleGear over the weekend to accompany a guy wanting to shop there. Turns out they had both Shoei helmets I was comparing, the RF-1200 and X-14. Tried on the 1200 once again, then the X-14.
I don't know how strange shaped my head is, but the 1200 was good previously and pretty good this time as well. However, once I put on the X-14, it was like not wearing a helmet at all, more like wearing a hat. Padding inside the X-14 was more soft and seemed to contour better around my head. So, I'm really looking forward to this helmet. Additionally, I check on the X-14, there are holes for the Siena system, just like there are on the RF-1200. Granted, the helmet I saw was the Red, Marquez 93. I'm hoping the Laverty is the same and has all the same features.
Thanks for the order!

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersdiscount View Post
Thanks for the order!
As always, happy to do business with you. Superb service, rain or shine.
post #23 of 51 Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
As always, happy to do business with you. Superb service, rain or shine.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

post #24 of 51 Old 04-12-2017, 08:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Went to CycleGear over the weekend to accompany a guy wanting to shop there. Turns out they had both Shoei helmets I was comparing, the RF-1200 and X-14. Tried on the 1200 once again, then the X-14.
I don't know how strange shaped my head is, but the 1200 was good previously and pretty good this time as well. However, once I put on the X-14, it was like not wearing a helmet at all, more like wearing a hat. Padding inside the X-14 was more soft and seemed to contour better around my head. So, I'm really looking forward to this helmet. Additionally, I check on the X-14, there are holes for the Siena system, just like there are on the RF-1200. Granted, the helmet I saw was the Red, Marquez 93. I'm hoping the Laverty is the same and has all the same features.
I trust Mike, for sure the x12 does not have pockets for speakers. it looks like it does or could but, the area is solid to the helmet.

if you do get the Laverty x14 and it does have REAL REMOVABLE EAR POCKETS FOR SPEAKERS, PLEASE POST UP HERE. I am wondering if you were looking at an rf1200 marquez with speaker pockets, and thought it was an x14.

I really want to use my new senas but, I am picky with helmets, partial to shoei but, not many colors are catching my eye. I have an elias x12 now, and a vermeullen x12 (hi viz) but, I cant use them with speakers.

looks like I will need another street only lid. if the euro version has pockets, maybe I will have to order one overseas. would like to support forum vendors and local vendors if possible. Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #25 of 51 Old 04-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
Quote:

I trust Mike, for sure the x12 does not have pockets for speakers. it looks like it does or could but, the area is solid to the helmet.

if you do get the Laverty x14 and it does have REAL REMOVABLE EAR POCKETS FOR SPEAKERS, PLEASE POST UP HERE. I am wondering if you were looking at an rf1200 marquez with speaker pockets, and thought it was an x14.

I really want to use my new senas but, I am picky with helmets, partial to shoei but, not many colors are catching my eye. I have an elias x12 now, and a vermeullen x12 (hi viz) but, I cant use them with speakers.

looks like I will need another street only lid. if the euro version has pockets, maybe I will have to order one overseas. would like to support forum vendors and local vendors if possible. Ski
For sure it was an x-14. Unless I've lost it completely and no one should rule that out ever. Haha

But, the price tag was 800+, had the x14 back spoiler wings. Could it be euro model, maybe, but at CycleGear store? I doubt it.....

I'll check once I get it. Will update you.
skidooboy likes this.
post #26 of 51 Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post

It does NOT have removable ear pockets for speakers as I stated before. It does have a spot you could try to make work but no guarantees. I just snapped a picture (helmet is upside down) for reference with my phone. Hope that helps!

post #27 of 51 Old 04-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
For sure it was an x-14. Unless I've lost it completely and no one should rule that out ever. Haha

But, the price tag was 800+, had the x14 back spoiler wings. Could it be euro model, maybe, but at CycleGear store? I doubt it.....

I'll check once I get it. Will update you.
Just got the helmet, its fantastic!!! The green is WAAAY better in person than the pictures.

It does have the speaker spots. You can't see them with the naked eye as you need to pull out the inserts. Check out the quick video I just made at work.

https://youtu.be/-KQwAyQsglY

So much excitement, I forgot to thank Mike.

You the best Mike!!!!!!

Last edited by F SANE IL; 04-14-2017 at 02:52 PM.
post #28 of 51 Old 04-14-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Just got the helmet, its fantastic!!! The green is WAAAY better in person than the pictures.

It does have the speaker spots. You can't see them with the naked eye as you need to pull out the inserts. Check out the quick video I just made at work.

https://youtu.be/-KQwAyQsglY

So much excitement, I forgot to thank Mike.

You the best Mike!!!!!!
Glad you like it.

post #29 of 51 Old 04-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Figured I'd throw this out there for your reading pleasure. My short review

Rode in the X-14 finally this past weekend. First off, the compliments of how nice the helmet looks just don't stop from other riders. I threw on all the pieces the helmet came with, the breath guard, under chin cover, and chin deflector. Very quiet experience, no wind noise this way, cars and my exhaust noise all limited, however it felt hot, like i was not getting much air. Granted, i probably didn't open up all the air vents since I'm not fully familiar with the right open direction for all of them, but I did have the one open that defogs the glass and it did do the job in a 50 degree weather. When I stopped, I pulled out the chin cover and I felt a lot of air. At that point you do hear more road noise and at high speed, you get the wind noise just passing you by. Reason i say passing you by is that my head was so stable, it was like cruising speed limit past a school zone. Even though I was on the highway going fast, the helmet definitely blew me away here. I sped up above C-note numbers and still no head wobble or anything. I've been through a ton of helmets, all of which were no more than $400 in price tags. I'm sure there are good helmets out there beside all the ones (6 helmets aside from x-14) I have in my garage, but none of the ones I've ridden handle/feel the way x-14 felt going triple digits on the clock.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting X-14 or is stuck between this and the RF-1200 like I was. Also, I would definitely recommend going for the Transitions visor. So convenient to just have one shield that does it all.... Can't even understand why all the helmet manufacturers don't do this.

BTW, everyone should be buying from Mike. If you're not, you're just wasting your time. Best service you will ever find.
post #30 of 51 Old 04-17-2017, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Figured I'd throw this out there for your reading pleasure. My short review

Rode in the X-14 finally this past weekend. First off, the compliments of how nice the helmet looks just don't stop from other riders. I threw on all the pieces the helmet came with, the breath guard, under chin cover, and chin deflector. Very quiet experience, no wind noise this way, cars and my exhaust noise all limited, however it felt hot, like i was not getting much air. Granted, i probably didn't open up all the air vents since I'm not fully familiar with the right open direction for all of them, but I did have the one open that defogs the glass and it did do the job in a 50 degree weather. When I stopped, I pulled out the chin cover and I felt a lot of air. At that point you do hear more road noise and at high speed, you get the wind noise just passing you by. Reason i say passing you by is that my head was so stable, it was like cruising speed limit past a school zone. Even though I was on the highway going fast, the helmet definitely blew me away here. I sped up above C-note numbers and still no head wobble or anything. I've been through a ton of helmets, all of which were no more than $400 in price tags. I'm sure there are good helmets out there beside all the ones (6 helmets aside from x-14) I have in my garage, but none of the ones I've ridden handle/feel the way x-14 felt going triple digits on the clock.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting X-14 or is stuck between this and the RF-1200 like I was. Also, I would definitely recommend going for the Transitions visor. So convenient to just have one shield that does it all.... Can't even understand why all the helmet manufacturers don't do this.

BTW, everyone should be buying from Mike. If you're not, you're just wasting your time. Best service you will ever find.
Thanks for the review.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.