Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - Conversation Between fireman69 and CanyonCarver
Conversation Between fireman69 and CanyonCarver
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. CanyonCarver
    03-08-2016 04:22 PM - permalink
    CanyonCarver
    Part 2:

I had to ride it without the quickshifter, as it wouldn't work with the flipped shifting that I need to have until I get the ECU. But I'm very happy to have been able to grab a set of the Graves rearsets - nicest I've ever run. I don't know why so many are crying about bad brakes - I thought they were great. Maybe it's an ABS thing.

Sure would like to hear your opinions after you get to ride it a bit. I'm going to be busy tearing down the Gen4 and putting it back to stock so I can sell off all the parts to finance the new bike's parts. Have fun!
  2. CanyonCarver
    03-08-2016 04:22 PM - permalink
    CanyonCarver
    Hey Justin. Doing good thanks. But very jealous that you already have your kit ECU. I just got word that I should have mine any day now, but still no word on the interface cable. I did get the Gen5 bike, just in time for a 2-day session at BW last month. I put almost 400 miles on it, so she's well broken in already. I was nice for about the first 50 miles though. We're going to be back at the track on Monday, 3/14. I saw that you are going to be there and was hoping it was with us, but I see that you'll be there Friday. Maybe next time.

I really enjoyed riding the new bike. It's much more nimble, and finishes the corners better, even with just the stock suspension. Feels lighter, even though I hear it's heavier than the Gen4. And the wheelie control actually works now.
  3. fireman69
    03-08-2016 09:56 AM - permalink
    fireman69
    Hi Robb. How have you been? I see that you have a new Gen 5 in your avatar? Did you get one? How did you like riding it? Ill Be in buttonwillow on March 18th, for the test and tune day before the AFM race. How about you?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome