07-31-2011, 11:34 PM
I am going to keep a running log with pics of my upgrades to my 14.
the planned list so far:
1. Heli-Bar risers (purchased direct from Heli-Bar) - installed
2. Blueseas 5025 fusebox (purchased locally from West Marine) - installed
3. stebel compact air horn (purchased locally from redline performance) - pending install
5. Muzzy's M14 with M10 black megaphone (purchased from superbikesupply) - pending install
6. PCV (purchased from superbikesupply) - pending install
7. sprocket and chain
8. Speedohealer (purchased from superbikesupply) - pending install
9. Shorai lfx18a1-bs12 battery (purchased from superbikesupply) - pending install
10. EBC HH front pads / EBC organic rear
11. brake line kit
12. tires - probably another set of q2's as I am happy with how they feel on the 14
13. GoPro HD (purchased locally from a buddy who doesn't use it) - marking locations for permanent mounts
14. Slider kit
more to be decided on and pics to follow.
Updated with new items and some part numbers
07-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Cable routing does not appear to be affected from what I can tell. Total install time was 10 minutes or so.
Handle bars off:
Left turn clearance:
Right turn clearance:
Close up left:
Close up right:
08-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I am fitting my fuse block now and have some questions about it.
the parts I am using:
blue seas 5025
10 gauge auto/marine wire
crimp connectors (temporary until I get my soldering skills up to speed)
I still need to get a relay, what 1 should I use? 25/30amp? it will be wired to my tail light.
I also have a question regarding grounding. Is the connection to the battery and relay sufficient?
08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the blurry pics, but I finished when it was dark out.
The fuse box will be permanently mounted with some screws through the plastic. I am going to look at ways to make it more weatherproof as the area seems to attract a lot of dirt and maybe a little water.
I had to lift the tank to route the wire into the battery box area
I picked up a 30 amp relay and have to wire that in.
I also picked up an inline fuse that I am going to add in just in case.
Better pics and a more detailed writeup to follow, but this will allow me to power the stebel compact I picked up as well as wire in some leads for my cell phone.
I will also add my parts list should anyone wish to replicate this on their 14.
09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
A bunch of upgrades just came in so I need to get some garage time this weekend to install.
Updated the parts list as well.
09-20-2011, 06:07 AM
those risers sure are sweet!
09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
The NIB muzzy m14 header has been sent off to jet hot. I will update with pics once it gets back.
I am looking to permanently mount my gopro mounts in several places on the bike. has anyone used them and mounted them with more than the adhesive backing that comes on the plastic mounts?
Good to see the upgrades. Anymore pics?
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
sorry about that guys. i have been spending my time on rides. i will post up the completed pics this weekend once i get the bike cleaned up. i have an idea for a photoshoot on this awesome road near me, assuming the weather cooperates.