Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Help me beat Pesky!

240K views 3K replies 102 participants last post by  CajunBoyz 
#1 ·
So here's my dyno graph and Pesky's. He's got a top end advantage and 30 pounds wieght advantage. I have a migrange advantage. I'm thinking I've got to get the hit on him and but good to even have a chance. He's running either stock or +1 rear gearing. I'm running a -1 front. Should I make a change? (for those new to the saga we're doing 2nd gear launches from about 65 mph through the top end). Suggestions? Give it up? Have I got a chance?

See less See more
#28 ·
I guess the tool kit is already taken out?
The 180 rear tire is over 1lb lighter than a 190.
4hp=28lbs
Your bike was lighter than his, but his full system probably made them even because the udnertails pipes are heavy.
You need to beat him with hp or with weight, weight seems impossible.

#29 ·
jeech said:
Stock gearing, my bike is running about 7K RPM at 65 in 2nd. This is right where it starts to hit hard on my bike. where are you with you're gearing at 65 in 2nd?
I like to launch between 7k and 7.5k I'm indicating between 65-70. Leads me to believe my speedhealer is not working. I should be indicating a lower mph than you at the same rpm due to the lower gearing.

#34 ·
Big Daddy said:
:welcome: JTS

And what bike would you use for whoopin pesky?

BD

I was getting ready to ask the same question BD. Also, what ever 1000 you had give us the details on the bikes modification.

#35 ·
An 03 1000 gixxer, usb, full arata, air filter, 750 ss, +1 in the rear. And soon I'll be beatin him on a 05 with about the same. The last couple of months before I sold the 03 he would get me by about 2 bikes so his bike did pick up but I stopped spending since it was so close to the new bikes arrival. Yamaha should buy that thing back from him hell he might of bought one of those pre production magazine bikes.

#37 ·
JTS,

Have you ever lost to a 10R? Just playing detective here and trying to decifer what's going on here on this thread. Be honest, and thanks in advance.

#38 ·
JTS said:
An 03 1000 gixxer, usb, full arata, air filter, 750 ss, +1 in the rear. And soon I'll be beatin him on a 05 with about the same. The last couple of months before I sold the 03 he would get me by about 2 bikes so his bike did pick up but I stopped spending since it was so close to the new bikes arrival. Yamaha should buy that thing back from him hell he might of bought one of those pre production magazine bikes.
Your not suggesting there were R1 cheater pre prod bikes are you? naaaaaaaaaa that can't be cuz they told us so.

BD

#44 ·
Lets Tell The Whole Story Mr. Josh .lil Sal Is A Very Good Rider, Not To Forget He Is 145lbs. But Last Time We Raced My Bike Was All Stock. Aswell As 200lbs. So We Have To See If Dad Will Let Him Get Back On That Thing....... Ps I Cant Wait To You Get That Gsxr. Ho!

Big Chase....

#49 ·
I knew I could get pesky to speek up. The point I was tring to make was Sall is like a jockey and he did beat pesky and any bike he's on has a good hp-wieght ratio. when the 05 comes out I'm going for the big dog I want some of that legendary 180 hp 02 gixxer.

#50 ·
For The Riders That Are Not From New Orleans, This Is What We Call A Normal Sunday Morning,
After We Do Them Second Gear Roll Ons Until The Cows Come Home. Or One Of You Let Off.
But We Are All Good Pals. You Just Have To Watch J.t.s. He Taiks A Little Shit Every Once In A While.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Pesky-r1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.