Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 4: 2011-2015 Any reason why oil level might go up?
Thread: Gen 4: 2011-2015 Any reason why oil level might go up?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
landrokkit
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Any reason why oil level might go up?

Recently had some issues with my bike which have since been fixed but during that time I was hyper-aware of every little thing and I noticed my oil level seemed kind of high, like to the top of the sight glass window or just above. I find this weird because I am always really careful in making sure to fill it right in the middle of the sight glass. It has been about a year or just over since I last changed it because i hardly rode last season, but when I did change it it was pretty black; no creamy color at all...

I suppose I could have just somehow overfilled and not noticed it until now, but is there any other cause of this magical oil level increase other than gasket issues?

Although I'm young I am still intelligent, wise, and intellectual....at certain times I just choose not to be...

Really though, anyone who mounts up on something that has as much horsepower as a Lotus and weighs as much as the average bloke from Wisconsin must be flipping bonkers...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome