Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016 -> Question on identifying some torque specs
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
SkyDork
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng_Friend View Post
It looks like the OEM fender was got blue loctite from the factory, and the metal tray under the passenger seat got red loctite. So it should be fine just going over everything with blue when tightening back up?

I have the Yoshimura elim kit, and the instructions say to use the original fender bolts to attach the new bracket back to the subframe, and tighten to spec. 62 in-lb does seem really loose, and I think that's just barely on my wrench's scale, so I guess I'll just forget the wrench but may still do the loctite to make sure nothing vibrates loose over time.

The Loctite won't hurt anything. The blue is more than sufficient to handle those bolts. Even the red Loctite isn't really "permanent". Either of them can be broken loose, but the red stuff takes a lot more torque to break than the blue stuff. There really is no reason to be using the red type. Remember also, that once the bolt is removed with Loctite already on it, it would have to be removed from the threads completely and reapplied to reach its full cure strength. You can leave the stuff on there and reinstall the bolts and the Loctite will still provide some anti-loosening strength just not as much. It's overkill to reapply Loctite on Loctite on these bolts. But it won't hurt anything.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome