Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016 -> Can Someone measure the Stock length Rear brake line for me
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 PM
nwvic
Squid

Posting Frequency

My stock non-abs line is 22”. I know this because I worked with Spiegler to build a custom line. I installed Attack rearsets and everyone told me I wouldn’t need a longer brake line but it clearly wasn’t the case. I think the problem was that the Attack rearsets angled the master cylinder forward more than stock which kinked the line coming out of the master. I ended up getting a line that was a little longer and with less angle out of the master, this way I could have access to all of the adjustability of the rearsets. Now, back to Spiegler...while checking with them for the length, the guy quoted me something like 31” which I knew was way too long. He checked and thinks they went from a book of specs to putting the specs into a computer system and perhaps there were some errors. I think yours are in error. I would contact Spiegler customer support, they were really good to work with and my line turned out great. Also consider measuring for a custom line if you have aftermarket rearsets. The cost is about the same.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome