Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Old School: <-2004 Cafe racer project?
Thread: Old School: <-2004 Cafe racer project?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Helitech
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Cafe racer project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
I would go for it.

My older brother and I cafe'd a CB550-four. It was over your pricepoint...but you aren't starting from a non-modded standard and didn't buy another motor. You might have to get a little creative in regards to parts...I would look into what is available at boneyards and parts interchangeability between bikes. We took ours down to the frame, gusseted/reinforced it powdercoated/paint...etc etc etc. What specific parts are you worried about sourcing? I would start a list. What exhaust? Suspension? Putting pods on it? What are your main concerns? Brackets? Headlight? Seals? Bearings? Does it run? Carbs wonky? Have the tools you need? Where there is a will there is a way.

I love the lines of the CB500/CB750, but since everyone seems to be into cafe racers in Southern California right now, they’re costing more than they’re worth (in my opinion), and the ones that are done really well are costing a small fortune. Plus this is a bit different and might be kinda cool to have to Kawasakis in the stable... if I could find a CB fixer for cheap, I’d definitely do it based on parts availability alone though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Helitech; 12-06-2017 at 05:21 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome