Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016 -> Zx6r not doing it for me...
Thread: Gen 5: 2016 -> Zx6r not doing it for me...
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
cmbnyc
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
600's suck for the street. I tried to tell you that in your other threads. Make it a track bike and buy an upright 1000cc for the street (z1000 for instance).
Yes, obijack, you did try to tell me and I thought, well, since I was happy enough with my YZF600R, I should be fine with the ZX6R, but the YZF600R has a completely different engine character which revs much lower at higher rpms, is carbureted and of course the suspension is quite soft so it absorbs bumps almost as well as a Goldwing...

I don't see myself doing track riding or at least not enough to justify owning a dedicated track bike. I already have an upright bike, my ZRX1200R, to meet those needs. Just want a full on sportbike I can live with on the streets. Again, the GSXRs and ZX10Rs I've owned/ridden seem so much more comfy and smooth in on/off throttle applications than this ZX6R. Just curious to know how the gen 5 ZX10R is sine I've never gotten a chance to ride it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome