Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Ecu reflash to exact exhaust. Dyno required?

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mpp12 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting the yoshi rd77 3/4 system. I've seen online that schnitz racing will flash an ecu to this exact exhaust map and will be more cost efficent than a power commander/custom dyno tune. I know this is threaded on quite often but just wondering- will an ecu flash to an exact exhaust make the pc tune not needed? The woolich website made it seem like it is not needed but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance

#4 ·
A flash might make the tune not needed. You won't know unless you measure the afr after the flash.

My opinion/experience is it doesn't take a lot of extra fuel for a slip that deletes the cat. Drivability and bike smoothness is where a person who flashes the bike earns the money.

#9 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I've heard that the decat options are close AFR in the past but just wanted some extra advice/confirmation. I'll probably end up purchasing the exhaust soon (I'll probably treat myself to early Christmas and open the wallet for the carbon fiber) and will the send the ecu once the PA weather starts to turn for the worse. im anxious to see the differences since I bought her 100% stock last november

#10 ·
So I got the Guhl ECU reflashed, added Bazzaz, put on a Akra with straight pipe, got a custom map, took it to another place who then removed the secondaries and got more power with another custom. I hated the loud pipe and crappy low end and midrange, so put the cat back on and took it to Attack Performance for a 3rd custom map and clean up to smooth out the rough transition off throttle, got back all the low end and mid range and now am at 185 RWHP with a CAT, and very smooth operation to over 14,000. You pays your money and you make choices. I have spend over $10,000 in options on my Gen 4. Ohlins, gearing, rearsets, brakes, etc, etc, etc. Just saying it ain't so simple.

#11 ·
2 Wheel DynoWorks creates flash files for each exhaust, straight pipe, slip on, air filter etc that rolls into the shop. On every bike, not just the tenners. Some exhausts take different fueling than others, some different timing. So they create a file for each exhaust/mod/combo etc.

#12 ·
very interesting, i just checked out their website. Alot of people seem to happy with Nels work, I've seen that before on here. Just they were a little bit higher in price, so I wasn't sure if the cost disparity was worth it since I'm just looking for the basics; nothing crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.