Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016 -> moto316's 2016 ZX-10R racebike build
Thread: Gen 5: 2016 -> moto316's 2016 ZX-10R racebike build
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Track Day Rider
Posting Frequency
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
First order of business is getting her stripped down and getting the wiring harness, emissions and ABS system completely removed. Which is a hell of a lot easier said than done. My 2011 was a non-ABS model and it didn't have the emissions/evap shit on it so I was a little worried once I started to see how big the pile of junk I was ripping off the bike was growing.

This might be common knowledge but I was floored to find out that you need to remove the swingarm to get to a bolt that holds one of the ABS line junctions going to the rear brake line. Kawi must of been having a laugh when they designed this system. While I had it off I cleaned and greased the swingarm pivot and linkage bearings. A good thing I did since it seemed like the last owner took this thing through a field of mud before they traded it in.

Back together and fresh n clean:

I'm hoping that's not the original oil...

Oh my. Did you get an oil analysis from blackstone labs? I like to do that on bikes/cars/trucks/motors i buy used to see how they were maintained and treated prior to me.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome