Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016 -> Sprocket change or OEM?
Thread: Gen 5: 2016 -> Sprocket change or OEM?
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 01-03-2017, 12:59 PM
SkyDork
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomshankar View Post
You are right about the top speeds being academic and its the riding conditions at that very moment which define where you will max out at.

Just curious about two things since you mentioned you run a +2R. How is the difference in acceleration vs stock? Brutal enough to want to keep the front itchy to pop in the initial gears all the time?

Any idea how much top end you have lost with the +2 realistically?
Any change to the gearing you make will be noticeable. +2R for me makes it just about right. Throttle response is improved, acceleration is more aggressive, and it wheelies easier for sure. Is it overly aggressive? I wouldn't say so. It's not like you're going to be fighting the front to stay down all the time. But it will come up easier.

Top speed is irrelevant to me. I'm too fat to tuck in all the way so I can't get it to the top speed anyway. I saw 182mph indicated on the cluster with that gearing and it was about out of steam. Given the instrumentation error, I'd say I was about 175mph or so actual. The gearing probably dropped top speed about 5mph or so from stock.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome