Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen.4 ZX-10R: Ceramic Wheel Bearings
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 04-05-2015, 10:04 PM
White Fang
GP Rider
Posting Frequency
Originally Posted by DJNMS3 View Post

I am in the market to purchase some ceramic wheel bearings for my 2011 ZX-10R. Does anyone have any recommendations which brand I should go with, along with price? I'm also looking to see if anyone has experience with using ceramic bearings on OEM wheels. I would look into lighter wheels like BSTs, etc. But, I don't have that kind of money.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
My input; these bearings are quite sensitive to any contamination. They are used quite a lot in bicycles (high-end stuff) but require frequent maintenance and replacement. The sealed ball bearings in your bike are of excellent quality and will give very good service for years. If you want to play around with this by all means, but realize the trade-off in slightly less friction is offset by a much less robust bearing overall. This application is for machines that can be serviced frequently and fairly easily (pumps, bicycles, and so on), not for vehicles like motorcycles that are ridden for years and need to be reliable under a wide variety of conditions (dirt, dust, water, snow, hard usage).
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome