Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Trading money for weight
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Balogiannis
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Trading money for weight is a nice way of putting it haha! 180 kg with almost full tank is very nice,it means you are close to 168-170 kg without fuel.

I'm doing the same with my k7 1000 GSX-R for the past 4 years, ( I know,shame on me for throwing money on thee gixxer),and I think I'm at a good point.

I weighted the bike at 158 kg ( and it's 195 hp also) and I still have parts at home I haven't installed like CMC rotors (- 1.5 kg) ,Pankl titanium rods ( -550 gramms) and some other mods in mind which will get me down to almost 150 kg ( without fuel in the gas tank),

I have also changed some of the bolts with Ti ones,but I've found out that you have to start from where the big gains are first,axles,rear linkage and engine bolts are where Kgs are hidden not just gramms...

I have also gone to some extreme measures,like removing all of the unnecessary wiring from the wiring harness,this was an easy and cheap -500 gramms.

I have also made a cf subframe,fairings air ducts,clock bracket and exhaust hanger are all cf, PVM magnesium rims, I also have an STM slipper clutch with aluminum clutch plates in it which was 800 gramms from stock...

This is how it is for now.

Ι'd really like to get a cf gas tank like ETI fuel cell etc,my gas tank is 6+kg and ETI for previous GSXR models is 2.5 kgs...

It's a never ending game you will always try and find out ways to remove weight from the bike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K7 1000.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	261562   Click image for larger version

Name:	k7 1000-2.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	261570  

Last edited by Balogiannis; 05-12-2014 at 03:45 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome