Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Trading money for weight
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
Posting Frequency
Trading money for weight

Ok I have been slowly but surely changing my oem hardware on my 2012 10r and my aim is to get this bike as skinny as I can and money that I can throw at it to make this happen,quick run down my bike has full Ohlins,ARGp2r and 200mm can,shorai batt,Brembo fronts you get the picture!last time it was on the scales it came in at 180 kg with nearly a full tank and sorry Dymag CF rims,since that way in I have changed petrol cap,rear sprocket to alloy,Brembo gp4rx and a lot of oem nuts and bolts to ti pro bolt race spec and other shaped bolts,some will say I'm silly spending so much and ti for not much gain but it's my hobby and I enjoy it.I am only going to do this quickly as of now but to let you no how far I have gone with TI not alloy fittings even the bolts that hold the rear plastics under solo seat cowl and number plate bolts and nuts are TI,In cost for Probolt TI around $1600 Aus so far but as I said this is just a update,so My wife just surprised me with some digital scales so I now can get some ideas on my weight lost so far(I no Ti is around half that of steel hardware.I am still slowly getting there with TI and once I get a chance(arm in a cast) will get the bike back on the scales but I no one thing my bike will be very very close if not less than the current 2013 SUPERbike world champions ZX10R I think lol

Last edited by peterd10r; 02-26-2017 at 07:28 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome